Chapter Four - Welcome Party

Draco's POV

I sat at Selene's desk while she laid pictures out across the floor. Her and I hadn't gotten back from the grounds until three in the afternoon and she insisted we skip the feast because there was really no point in us going. I was watching her rearrange the pictures on the floor when I got a text from Blaise.

                                                        Blaise Zabini

Where are you?

                                                               I'm with Selene. We're gonna skip.

Why?

                                                We just ate not that long ago and she wants to decorate her room.

Omg. You like her don't you!

                                                                                     No, we're just friends.

Yeah and that's why you kept holding her hand yesterday.

                                                                                    It's just something we do, ok? Relax.

Alright you keep telling yourself that.

Make sure you guys are ready for a party when everyone gets back though.

                                                                                                 Why?

Everyone is being told the new password and celebratory plans are already getting thrown around.

People are super excited Selene is here this year.

                                                                                                       Ok I'll tell her.

                                                               Selene's POV

Draco looked up from his phone.

"Uh, Selene?" he asked, spinning his phone around in his hand.

"Uh, yes?" I responded sarcastically.

"Blaise just texted me from the dining hall." I turned to look at him.

"Wow, Draco. Your friends text you that totally awesome. I've never heard of that before." I stacked all the pictures and stood up to go put them in a desk drawer. "Did he say something important, and I just have to guess what it is?" I walked over to the desk and put the pictures away. He shot me a glare and I sat on the top of the desk.

"The first years were sorted and the common room password is getting passed around now. Blaise said to get ready for a party because he can hear the fifth and sixth years planning one." I bit back a laugh.

"All because I'm here? Wow I really am special. Who knew that having the extremely diluted blood of Salazar Slytherin would start a party!" He just rolled his eyes at me.

"When everyone comes in that door they're going to yell a time and that's when the party is. It's a Slytherin thing we just yell times and expect everyone to understand." I chuckled.

"You know, I'm glad my dad chose you and not some rando to protect me. You're an actual decent person." He raised his eyebrows.

"An actual decent person? Just decent? You seemed to think I was pretty awesome the past week now I'm just decent? I see how it is." He pretended to pout.