Chapter Six - The New Boy

I had hardly left my room all week. Draco had been bringing me food and homework, but he hadn't been sticking around, mostly because I was kicking him out. The reality of what happened had finally kicked in however my sadness had been replaced by a flaming rage. Draco had just come up to tell me that a new Slytherin was in the common room, so I was getting ready to go say hi. I had put on my usual eyeliner and had straightened my hair the night before. I pulled on some fish net tights, a black pleated skirt, an ACDC shirt, and a black leather jacket. On my way out of the dorm I threw on one of my chain belts and a pair of white Doc Martens.

I slung my bag over my shoulder as I made my way down the stairs towards the common room. When I made it to the bottom of the stairs, I found Draco on a couch and sat down next to him.

"Aren't you going to talk to him?" Draco asked.

"Well yes, but I'm not going to go on some crazy witch hunt to find him. I'll talk to him whenever I see him." Draco shrugged.

"So uhh, how are you doing?" He asked. I glared at him.

"I want to kill someone but then I'll get expelled so exploding dummies will have to work for now." He stared at me for a second.

"I can't tell if you're joking or not and it's terrifying."

"Good."

After about an hour of studying Draco went to get some more books from the library while I re-organized some notes. I looked up to see a kid my age standing against the wall towards the corner of the room. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I'm assuming you're the new kid. Either that or you're mighty good at sneaking into common rooms."

He seemed shocked for a second but then he took a few steps closer to me.

"My name is Mattheo," he said. "Mattheo Lestrange. And you?" I tilted my head at him.

"Selene Riddle." His eyes widened slightly.

"How come I've never heard of you?" Mattheo asked. I chuckled

"Good to see you, Lestrange. It's been a few years."

I let out a little laugh. "Come sit with me, I wanna catch up, I've got to make sure missing meetings isn't making you weak." He rolled his eyes at me but took a seat. We talked about our parents, spells, and each of our special instructions of what to do while we attended school. It turned out Mattheo also read a lot at home and was taking classes a few years above his grade before he even started school.

"Isn't your boyfriend going to get mad if you're talking to me? He seems pretty protective over you." I laughed.

"Draco isn't my boyfriend, he's more of a bodyguard." Mattheo grinned. "So, are you still good at starting trouble?"

His eyes glinted. "Considering the fact that I got kicked out of three cyber academies and a handful of public schools for causing problems I'd say yes." I smirked.

"Great. You're in. You, Draco, and I are a trio now." Mattheo smiled at me. "We do stuff my way though, unless of course you don't like having all your limbs." Just then Draco came back into the common room.

"C'mon Selene, we talked about this. Threatening to hurt someone is not how you make friends," he teased.

"I actually kind of like it..." Mattheo whispered. I turned back towards him and gave him a starstruck look.

"What was that?" I asked. He blushed a little.

"Nothing."

I raised my eyebrows at him. Whatever, that'll be an issue for future me. Draco sat next to me and put his arm around my shoulder. I grabbed his wrist and pushed his arm off me, scooting closer to Mattheo, who took the hint and grabbed my arm. Draco's eyes flashed a warning, but I just turned towards Mattheo. What's so wrong about a little prank on a friend?