08: Old Friends

Annaliese

Snuggling deeper into a ball of fluff, I let out a deep sigh

Snuggling deeper into a ball of fluff, I let out a deep sigh. My mind is awake and my body is awake but I'm so not willing to get out of this comfortable bed right now.

Apparently someone had other plans.

"Sunshine!" Baylor's irritating voice calls and I stiffen, praying that he'll believe I'm still asleep.  Mr Snuffles helps with my cover and hisses at him. A shocked gasp comes from my door. "Sunshine you have a demon on your bed!"

"Baylor," I groan, grabbing Mr. Snuffles and wrapping him in my arms. I peel my eyes open to catch him giving Mr. Snuffles the stink eye. I give him the stink eye in return. No one is mean to Mr. Snuffles.

"Sunshine, you have to get up and leave the.. cat here," Baylor says, watching Mr. Snuffles wearily. I stare at him blankly. "Don't look at me like that, you have to take your test remember? You told Allessandro you would."

I pout into my sheets. I did say that, didn't I? "Okay," I say, peeking up at him. "Let me get ready."

Baylor sends me a wink and exits, leaving me in the peaceful morning silence. Letting out a sigh, I lean back on my bed and put Mr. Snuffles on my chest. He immediately starts purring after I run my hand up and down his spine a bit. I let out a giggle and kiss his forehead.

A few minutes later I'm changed into black Nike leggings, a white tanktop and black oversized jacket with white Nike socks. I decide to do a little extra and pull my hair back into a low bun with two strands of hair framing my face. My skin has cleared up considerably and small freckles were starting to become visible on my nose and cheeks.

My body had finally adjusted to the new food plan I was on. Ever since Dad left about a week ago, Allessandro and Luca have been supervising my meals. I wasn't as skinny anymore and my face had became less sick looking and more full.

My reflection beams at me and I send it a thumbs up and a wink. After brushing my teeth real quick, I head downstairs to the breakfast Luca would already have waiting for me.

"G'morning Luc," I greet him, sliding onto a stool. Luca sends me a small smile as he places a plate of eggs and 2 chocolate chip pancakes in front of me with a glass of chocolate milk. There's a small bowl of kiwi on the side. "Thank you."

"Good morning tesoro," Luca replies, his light blue eyes twinkling. He takes a sip of his coffee. "Are you excited for your test today?"

I bite into my pancake and savor the chocolate chips in it. "Yep," I smile, washing it down with the milk. "Where's Alley? Isn't he supposed to bring me to the test?"

"Dad isn't back yet so he has to take care of the business," Luca explains, placing his mug in the sink. I finish my pancake and move onto my eggs, eating a few kiwis along with it. "Fransesco has a meeting at his gym and I have an exam at the same time. I'm sorry baby sis, but that means-"