five - back to the burrow

*Mature Content Ahead

XX

A few more weeks passed by and it was now the middle of November. Charlie and Natalia were passed only speaking to each other when it came to their job. They sought-after one another to strike up a conversation about something other than dragons, Natalia approaching him more than he approached her.

Natalia was sitting in her tent, filling out notes about which three dragons were in her opinion the best for the upcoming tournament when she received an owl that contained two things. One of which was instructions for dragon transportation. The Ministry had requested four species to be brought to Hogwarts to be a part of a task for the upcoming Tri-Wizard Tournament.

Natalia thought that there might've been an error as they were originally supposed to have three, but she shrugged it off and came to the conclusion that one was just for backup in case one of the dragons got hurt.

Along with the letter was a copy of the latest edition of the Daily Prophet. Natalia gasped when she saw that no one other than her ex Baron Young, and his beau on his arm, announced their engagement. Enraged, Natalia took the copy of the paper and crumpled it up, and threw it across her tent.

A heads-up would have been nice. She thought to herself. Now she was just hoping that Charlie hadn't seen it for she didn't know what he'd do. Whether it be teasing her about it, or being upset that she lied, she just wasn't ready to have that conversation with him. She was too embarrassed.

Natalia approached Charlie and the rest of the members of the sanctuary and gave them the run-down. They had two days to round up the four beasts and bring them to the school's grounds.

"You're coming, right?" Natalia asked her newly reacquainted friend. Charlie shrugged at the girl's question. "You'll get to see your brothers and Ginny." She reminded him. He seemed a bit off.

"Maybe."

"We could visit the Burrow while we're there and spend time with your mum and dad."

"Why do you want me to go so bad?"

"I—I just thought—"

"Well don't," He spat hatefully before storming off in the direction of his tent. Natalia stood there visibly confused by his sudden outburst. Had something happened? Why was he all of a sudden cross with her?

Her mind flickered to what was on the cover of the paper. She worried that he had seen it, and was enraged that she had lied to him, though in her defense, he said he didn't care if they were together or not.