nineteen - gone

I go back and forth between Sam Heughan (obviously season 1 Jamie Fraser) and Leo Suter for who I picture Charlie as 🙃

XX

Charlie

I was furious and scared. I trudged my tired legs into Grimmauld place alone. I had spent the last two hours searching for Talia, but no such luck. I couldn't find her. I needed to face the facts.

"Charlie?" My mother said when I stepped into the kitchen. She was making a hearty breakfast for the large group of people that were in the house. Thankfully, none of them were in that room at the time. "What's the matter? Why are you—"

"She's gone." I cried. I fell into my mother's arms and sobbed as she held me tightly. "Talia's gone. She left me."

"What?" My mother pulled away. She wiped my tears with her thumbs and frowned. "What do you mean she left you?"

"I'd like to know too." Sirius interrupted. He anxiously rushed into the kitchen eager to hear my story.

"I—She and I went to get coffee, and we bumped into Baron. She told me to go inside and order and she'd meet me in a minute, but she never did. I waited for fifteen minutes for her. I decided to go outside and check on her and she nor Baron was anywhere in sight."

"So you think she left you for him?" Sirius inquired.

"I know she left me for him. I spoke to the barista after I realized she was gone, and he told me Baron comes in there daily and talks about his beautiful fiancé Natalia." I said.

I was broken. I never thought Talia would choose him over me. Not after what he put her through. What she and I have been through. We were getting married. She said yes, less than twenty-four hours ago.

"Sirius?" my mother said. "Did she mention anything to you that gave you the impression she didn't want to marry Charlie? That she was scared or nervous?"

Sirius shook his head as he tried to process the event that has taken place. I have to admit, this isn't like Talia, but then again maybe it is. I couldn't help but feel that I was just a rebound. That she'd take Baron back in a heartbeat if he had asked.

"As far as I was aware, she wanted to be with Charlie. During those nights while you were gone and she cried from her nightmares, she only wanted you."

"Morning fam—what happened?" Bill frowned. "Who died?"

"My relationship." I scoffed.

I felt sick to my stomach. I was embarrassed to the point of no return. No matter the explanation, I would never forgive her for this.

"What? Where's Natty?"

I looked to my mother for help. She frowned. "Go upstairs and get changed, my dear boy." She said to me. "I'll handle this."

I nodded and walked into the bedroom I shared with Natalia. I instantly felt sick when I saw the picture of us sitting on the table. I ran into the bathroom and vomited until there was nothing left.

I walked back into the bedroom and picked up the picture frame, the one she gave me just last night. A moving photo of the two of us laughing, and kissing. I felt my face harden. I was angry. I chucked the frame across the room and shattered the glass and dragon scales that were bordered around it.

I was done.

I packed my trunk as quickly as possible and dragged it down the stairs to the door when Ginny stopped me.

"Don't go." she hugged her small body around me. "We just got you back."

"I stayed for her, which now seems like it was a stupid idea all along because she couldn't do the same for me."

I brushed Ginny aside and placed my hand on the door when Bill stopped me next.

"Just stay for dinner."

"I can't. I've gotta get on the next train to Romania. I need to get out of here."

"One extra day won't fucking hurt. I understand the pain you feel. Tulip left me for another man too. My brother might I add, but you don't see me giving up and running out on my family. You will stay for dinner, then you can go."

"Whatever," I mumbled.

Bill yanked my trunk out of my hand and took it back upstairs while I joined everyone at the table. They were chatting happily amongst themselves until I stepped inside. Then they all turned silent.

Their fake sympathetic expressions made me nauseous. I swallowed my pride however and sat in an empty seat next to my mother.

"Happy Christmas Weasley clan," I heard. I turned my head and saw Tulip sauntering into the kitchen as though she were a well-respected member of our family.

My opinion on her? She's a bitch. I don't think I'll ever forgive her for what she did to Bill. Mostly because Talia did the same fucking thing to me.

Bill

An idea struck my brain. I hopped out of my seat quicker than Fred could to greet Tulip, pushing him back into his seat as I did so and whisked her out of the room.

"Git." I heard him mutter but I'm feeling very festive and chose to ignore him for the sake of the holiday.

"We need to talk."

"I won't be long, Bill. I promise. I'm just here to pick up Andy and I'll be out of your way—"

"No, no," I said. "I need your help."

"With?"

I looked back into the kitchen and noticed a few sets of eyes that were on me. I ushered Tulip into a more discreet part of the house and sat her down. "Have you heard from Natty?"

"Is she not here?"

"She and Charlie sort of broke up. I think. I don't know."

"Enlighten me on the situation?"

I took a deep breath and told her everything Charlie told me. From the moment they woke up this morning, to her disappearing with possibly Baron. Tulip's face filled with shock.

"You mean to tell me that Natalia Quest, the girl who has been in love with Charlie Weasley since she was a young teenager, left him for her lunatic abusive ex-boyfriend, fiancé, or whatever you want to call him? I'm not buying it."

"Thank you! I don't buy it either, but Charlie does. He claims they looked comfortable before he stepped away, and when he returned they were gone."

"She wouldn't leave without telling him first off, and second she hates Baron. He must have done something. I'll get to the bottom of this, but you'll need to watch Andy for a bit longer."

"No problem. Do whatever it takes. I just, I hate seeing my brother so miserable. He's determined to leave and return to Romania and not returning."

"Don't let him leave."

"I can't stop him, T. He's already made up his mind. I had to beg him to stay for dinner."

"Just give me until tomorrow. I'll figure something out. Look for my owl. Just try your hardest to keep him here. Do whatever it takes."