Chapter four.

*•*•*•*

*•*•*•*

As the sun began to rise above the horizon, the birds awoke one by one, greeting the early morning with their beautiful song. The wind blew heavily against the trees, as the leaves were desperately holding on to the trees they were attached to.

The girl was leaning against the trunk of the tree, sitting down in a comfortable manner, enjoying the sight she was greeted with. It was her very first peaceful morning after centuries passed by after all.
A squirrel slowly made its way towards her, approaching her with slow steps. Once it reached her, she held her hand towards the small animal, which smelled it with haste movements. After sensing that the girl didn't have any ill intentions, it jumped onto her legs and made itself comfortable on her lap.

To this the girl cocked a brow, but a small tug at her lips was seen ever so slightly. She pet the animal on its head, leaning her head against the tree which supported her.

(Y/N) was lost in the means of finding her last companion, who by now ran by the name of Xiao. She didn't know where to begin searching. Akarius wondered if her last partner was actually alive, or it were just simple speculations. However, no matter what the truth was, she would dedicate herself to find answers.

The girl remembered back to what Kazuha had said the other day. Apparently, there were statues established of the six of them, somewhere not too far located from Liyue Harbor.

As she lifted the squirrel off of her lap, she reached for a small berry on a bush behind her, giving the fruit to her new small friend. Said animal took it with pleasure and ran off with the berry in its mouth.

(Y/N) jumped into the air once again, only to appear not too far away from the gates of Liyue Harbor. Jumping on a tall bamboo tree, she looked around if any statues were to be in sight. She repeated the same act several times, appearing for a second, only to disappear in the other.

After time flew by, she saw tall stone figures in the distance, as she ran closer to it, the mountains of the lands of Morax hiding them well. As she approached the statues closer, she pulled on her hood, and made her way to the middle. Lanterns were established in the center, some kind of pot being circled by the lanterns. And most importantly, all of the Six Yakshas stood tall and with pride around what seemed like an offering. It seems like the offering wasn't made long ago either.

As her eyes scanned the center, a sign stood there, reading the following:

Restore order through slaughter,
purge evil through battle.
To this, we dedicate our lives.