Post Credits: Empty

HERE IT IIIIIIS THE LAST UPDATE!! I'll do the whole spiel at the end, but this has been long overdue so thank you to everyone who has stuck around, even through the impromptu 6 month break 😂 I hope this little extra bit helps!

No TW!

Have fun and stay safe🖤🤎❤️️🧡💛💚💙💜

---

"Hey, Mr. Stark?" Peter calls over the welder from his seat in the workshop. Carefully, Tony turns it off and lifts his mask, hair sticking to his forehead.

"Yeah?" He walks over and Peter worries his lip between his teeth.

"You've...applied to jobs before, right?" Peter doesn't seem all too assured in his questions, but asks it anyways from behind his computer screen. Tony stands there, baffled by one: no he's never applied for a job, and two: Peter's applying for a job? Since when? Why does he need to? Does he not like his job here? Well, he wouldn't consider it a job, per se, but he gets Peter anything he needs, right? Should he start paying him a salary? Do kids get salaries? "Is that a no?" Tony blinks himself back into the present and smiles to cover up his worry.

"I know how job apps work." He's not exactly lying. "What's up?" Peter clears his throat and shuffles a bit in his seat.

"Well, I'm applying for a paid internship, y'know, for fun, and it was recommended for my robotics class and, um, I was wondering if you'd write a letter of recommendation for me?" he rambles out in a flurry of borderline unintelligible words. Amongst the babbling, Tony finds himself...oddly emotional. The kid is growing up, right before his eyes, and he wants Tony's support. Something that Tony will always give to him in a heartbeat, without hesitation, on a silver platter if Peter were to ask.

"It would be my honor, kid." Tony ruffles Peter's hair without remorse, even when the teen swats his hand away with a laugh.

"Thanks! You're the best," Peter says with such adoration that Tony can't help but avert his eyes.

"So, who am I making it out to?" he inquires as he gets his phone out to make a note to himself to write the letter after their lab time.

"Octavius Industries!" Peter informs his mentor with a bright smile. "I'm gonna be an assistant to Doctor Octavius. Well, hopefully. I'm using a pseudonym since I can't exactly use 'Peter Parker' anymore and can't just put Spidey." Regretfully, Tony nods in understanding, yet it still never ceases to amaze him how selfless Peter is. He won't even take the unfair edge his mere name would give him when attached to the application. Not when it's only because of his newly revealed identity. A letter of recommendation from Tony Stark, however, is something he's earned. And no one can dispute that.

"I'm proud of you," Tony softly says, as if it's a precious admission just for them. Peter returns the smile and nods slightly.

"I know." The way he says it isn't patronizing or condescending or narcissistic, he just...knows. Knows how much Tony cares, knows how proud he is, knows he loves him, he knows. And that's enough. Tony huffs a gentle laugh and fondly shakes his head.

"Let me get some references and documents out of the storage room and then we can get to it." With a beaming smile from Peter, he walks to the cold storage closet in search for the files he needs amongst the boxes and dust. Maybe he should listen to Pepper and actually try to organize or catalogue some of this shit.

Then, amongst his flurry of digging through the various miscellaneous junk, a box catches his eye. He freezes. It's indistinguishable from the countless other boxes, merely another to add to the list. This one, however, this one he knows. Has seen and dreaded it one too many times. The one that Peter almost...

But that's not what makes him stop dead. That's not what makes his face pale, his gut twist, his head lighten. This is far worse.

The box is empty.

The box is empty.

---

WOW the sequel is complete, it feels so surreal! First of all, if you couldnt tell, I have ideas and notes for a third and final part :) NO i havent started it, YES it will come eventually. I have a lot of fun and angsty scenes Im looking forward to so it'll get written at some point!!

Second: I'm going to start branching out into other characters as well as fandoms! I feel like I've kept myself in too much of a box and it hurt my creativity a bit. Although I love irondad, I hyperfixate A LOT because adhd and ocd demand it and i flit a lot between fandoms.

THEREFORE I have a Tony and Stephen centric fic (with a Peter cameo) coming up on the 19th and I also have a Bungou Stray Dogs Soukoku fic in the works! At some point, I'll most likely write some stuff for Jujutsu Kaisen too because my entire brain is nothing but anime right now haha

***Also, for wattpad specifically, I'll try my best to catch up on old comments i've missed cause you know how much I adore responding to you all, but emphasis on try because 8.4k notifications is a lot to get through djfgkjhs but i appreciate all of you!!***

Once again, you're all so incredibly amazing and thank you to the moon and back for sticking with me and the story <3000

Thank you for reading!🖤🤎❤️️🧡💛💚💙💜

If you'd like to keep up to date on upcoming fics and get sneak peeks, feel free to follow one of my accounts!

Instagram: kevy_fanfics

Tumblr: kevyfanfics

Twitter: Kevy_Fanfics