c h a p t e r t w o

The only person I could talk about it to was Adam because Charlie was pissed at me, so I did what any normal person would do and rollerbladed to Adams house. Adam opened the door for me when I finally got to his house.

"Adam I don't know what to do," I confessed as he led me to his couch. His house was beautiful inside but that's what you get with money.

"I don't know what to do either Liv but we'll get through it together," He pulled me into a hug which made me feel 100 times better about it. I looked at the clock on the wall which read 6:35.

"Oh shoot its late and I better get home before it gets dark or my mom will kill me."

"It's all good Liv, I'll see ya at school tomorrow," Adam said as he helped me up and out of the door.

I just skated off and waved goodbye. It was muscle memory to skate back to the apartment so I made it there in no time. I walked through the door and dropped my bag at the front door with a huff. Of course when I looked up there Charlie was sitting on the couch with a pout, "Where have you been Olivia Conway?"

"I went to Adams house, Charlie Conway."

"probably to talk about how great you guys are gonna be on Varsity."

"God Charlie can you just grow up already? Coach Orion put me on Varsity I did not ask to ok?" At this point I was so mad I walked to my room and shut the door in Charlie's face just to make him even more mad.

                                                                  -----------------------------------

My alarm blaring was the first thing I heard. Then I rolled out of bed and slid on my jeans, white t-shirt, and flannel that I had set out the night before. Once I was dressed I went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and hair then headed out the door, after grabbing my bookbag. I didn't wait for Charlie this morning because I didn't want to hear his spiel this early. 

Once I got to school I started walking to my locker, but when I turned the corner I saw Adam and the varsity player from yesterday talking there. It's safe to say that I was very confused. Adam caught my stare and started talking to me, "Hey Olivia, this is Rick Riley the captain of the varsity team. He wanted to come talk to us."

"So like Adam said I'm the captain of the varsity team and you guys have moved onto the varsity team. Here are your jackets and I will see you guys at practice this afternoon," Rick said handing us our bright red jackets with a smile. After that he just nodded his head and walked off. 

I was just confused, "So that's that I guess we're apart of varsity now."

Adam gave me one of his famous smiles before patting me on the back and walking away. I lifted my jacket up to give it a look. It looked exactly like everyone's except my own number was stitched on the side. I slid my flannel off and into my locker while I slipped my varsity jacket on. 

I had a lot of thoughts of Rick Riley while heading to class. Many of them not being school appropriate, but no ones a mind reader. My thoughts were peaceful until Charlie decided that wasn't ok with him. "So how's varsity feeling? when do they stitch the word traitor on your jacket, or do they just tattoo it on your forehead?"

"Stop it Charlie I'm really not in the mood," I replied looking up at him. Sometimes it really does suck being 5'4.

"I just don't get why you didn't refuse it?"

"Charlie if they would have given me the choice I would have but they didn't so please move on."

"Fine."