c h a p t e r t h r e e

A minute before the game was over the varsity team disappeared somewhere besides me and Rick because he told me to say and not worry about it. After the game Rick helped me out of my seat and put his arm around my shoulders walking out. He just followed me around so I basically walked him to my moms car to wait for Charlie and my mom. "What if I just drive you home?"

I giggled, "You can if you want but I have to tell my mom first."

I saw her walking to the car so I walked away from Rick and walked to her, "Hey mom Rick offered to drive me home so I don't have to wait for Charlie, plus I don't think he wants to see me right now?"

"sure but make sure you come straight home no messing around," she replied.

"Thank you mom, I love you," I said walking to Rick.

"I love you too."

When I got to Rick he just smiled and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. He led me to his car which turned out to be a 1980 red Ferrari.

"woah it's amazing what daddy's money can do," I said laughing. He also laughed surprisingly, but he walked me to the passengers side and opened the door. I got in and admired the interior while he walked to the other side and got in.

"my mom said that you have to drive me straight home," I said while he started the car.

"We can't even go get food somewhere?" 

"We can't Ricky I'm blown away that she even let you drive me home," I said honestly.

"okay," Rick said.

                                                                  ----------------------------

Rick dropped me off in front of my apartment and gave me his house phone number so I could call to tell him I made it home safely. I unlocked the door with my house key and realized mom and Charlie made it home before me. When I walked into the living room Charlie was waiting for me on the couch. "So how was your ride home with Rick?" He made an emphasis on Ricks name which pissed me off even more.

"It was great actually Charlie, how was breaking your stick on the goalpost like an idiot?"

That shut him up because he walked to his room and shut his door. So I did the same, I lied down on my bed and did my math homework. Then I remembered I didn't call Rick so I walked to the kitchen and typed in the number. It rang twice before it picked up, "Hey Spazzy."

"Hey Ricky I just wanted to let you know I made it home safe," I spoke through the phone with a smile on my face. I kept the phone up to my ear and jumped on the counter to sit because my legs hurt.

"I just made it home like 2 seconds before you called," He chuckled which made me giggle.

"Is your body sore from yesterdays practice? Mine is super sore," I asked honestly just to keep the conversation going.

"Not really because I'm used to it but you'll get into the groove and won't be sore."

My mom walked into the kitchen and looked confused, "Who are you on the phone with?"

"Rick"

"oh ok," she just smiled and walked out.

"Was that your mom?" Rick asked.

"Yeah she just asked who I was on the phone with," I giggled again.

"Well I'll let you go but I'll see you tomorrow at our game," Rick said, "Make sure you keep my number and write it down somewhere."

"I will don't worry, see you tomorrow at the game byeeeee"

"byeeee," Rick said and then it went silent, so I dialed Connie's number to tell her about what's happening.