Chapter 13: The Promised Forest

"Who are you?"

"I am a friend."

"I've never seen you at the house before."

"That's because I'm not from there. I'm from the Outside."

"The Outside..."

"Say, may I ask, why are you inside these iron gates blocking you from the Outside?"

"This is my home. This is where I live with all of my siblings."

"I see."

"What about you?"

"The Outside is my home too."

"Ah."

"How old are you?"

"I'm five. What about you. How old are you?"

"You know, it's rude to ask a lady her age."

"You just asked me about my age."

"Hmm. True. Say... while we're on the subject, what is your name?"

"..."

"Hmm...?"

"Mmm... My name is..."

Head
Towards
The Light

That
Pours in

From the
Unknown
Tomorrow

***

They'd all continued on their journey and ended up in the middle of a massive forest.

Emma, who was leading the group, was looking about with a compass in her hand. The sun had already risen in the sky, but it was obscured by the massive tree leaves above it.

*Chirp Chirp*

*...Coo... Coo...*

"They're huge..." Don commented with amazement in his eyes as the other children were looking above them with smiles on their faces.

"They're enormous! Aren't they, Marianna?!" Zara exclaimed shaking Marianna as she only nods and replied with a "mhm".

Ray started to look around his surroundings. "Incredible... so this is the outside world. What is this... a primeval forest?"

"This is completely different from the forest we were in just minutes ago!"

Ray then walked over to a way more massive tree as he thought, "Enormous!"

"So much more than what I saw in pictures and drawings!"

"What is this? I've seen nothing like this in books back at the house!" Ray then glances over at Marianna. "I bet Marianna is just as shocked as I am right now."