☀️ Chapter 28 - The Rematch ☀️

Recap:

Shoyo sighed, Suga set the ball high and as quick as a bullet he leaped up and smashed the ball to the ground, gracefully landing on his feet with and expressionless face.

He whipped his head to look at the teams, seeing new and familiar faces shocked and amazed. He smiled and waved at them, leaving them blushing.

"...Shoyo never ceases to amaze me." Kenma smiled, his friend Kuroo looking at him smugly.

"He's not bad~" Kenma rolled his eyes and kicked the rooster in the shins. The whistle blew again and the games began...

Karasuno went to their court where Keishin and Takeda were, not knowing their opponent.

"We'll start with Sho, Suga and Tanaka in the front with Daichi, Nishinoya and Asahi in the back."

"Hai!" The team yelled, still clueless on of their opponents. Takeda then pulls out a paper, probably the list of matches.

"Okay...we're against...oh." Takeda froze, confusing everyone.

"What? Come on don't keep us waiting, Take-" Keishin stopped himself, seeing the name of the team and sighing in disbelief.

"Well, turns out our first match is against..uh, Date Tech..." the team fell into dead silence.

"..oh." Noya said, breaking the silence.

"I know we've had troubles before with this team but if we put in our best effort we can do this!" The team's spirits brightened and they all shouted in glee and got into their positions, they were going to prove themselves to Date Tech and show them they're more than the flightless crows they used to be!

"Heads for Karasuno and tails for Date Tech." The referee flipped the coin, landing on tails. Date Tech decided to receive first, meaning Karasuno was serving.

Asahi was the one to serve, just right above the net to the libero getting it picked up and an easy set. A big one with white hair and no eyebrows went to slam it but it was quickly one-touched by Tanaka, getting it set up to Suga giving it to Daichi.

Sadly, two blockers were faster and bigger earning the other side a point. The team deflated of their joy, but they didn't give up after one loss. They continued on, Date Tech earning the serve.

A shaven 6 foot male was given the ball, serving straight to Noya. There was an obvious look of annoyance on the shaven male's face, giving Noya a boost of confidence and showing a smirk, it only irritated the male more.

Noya bumped it high to Suga, a neat set to Tanaka. The team lost another point from blocking, it was frustrating now. Two points in a row and they kept getting blocked, they needed to strategize.

Keishin wanted to call for a break but it was too early, he left it to the team to figure it out.

"Sho hasn't done anything..." Takeda thought and it was true, Shoyo hadn't had any action and it was making him feel desperate for it. Shoyo gave a look to Suga, but it was ignored and he sighed.

"I guess they want to redeem themselves..." Date Tech rotated and the biggest one was in the back, giving some chance of scoring. The ball was served with such elegance the team barely caught it, but Suga managed to get it in the air for Asahi to spike with all his force and getting through the block.

The team celebrated, happy they got one through. Date Tech thought they were overreacting but they didn't mind, they proved something.

The team rotated their spots and now it was Tanaka serving higher than the net, getting received by the left and up for an attack but it wasn't fast enough for Shoyo who jumped before their eyes. The one spiking it was wide-eyed and hit it softly, being easily one-touched.

It was his time to shine, but Suga had other plans and set it to Daichi. Daichi was able to catch them off guard and scored another point, the team yelling in joy.

Shoyo was disappointed but he loved seeing the team happy and disregarded that Suga didn't allow him to spike. The one who spiked looked at the small orange boy in amazement, sparkles in his eyes.

"Wow..." Shoyo turned his head to him, giving a confused look. The one on the other side of the net blushed and looked away, only confusing Shoyo more.

The team rotated once again, Daichi serving and giving it to the right and they set up another attack. Daichi was able to receive it and Suga set it up to Asahi, a loud smash echoing through the gymnasium. Date Tech was silent, the ace had finally used his strength to make a show.

The game had only begun...
▪︎
▪︎
▪︎
▪︎
▪︎
▪︎
▪︎
▪︎
▪︎
▪︎
▪︎
▪︎
▪︎
▪︎
▪︎
▪︎
It was Karasuno with 26 and Date Tech with 27, it was intense with everyone sweating. Everyone had no energy left but neither of both teams gave up, it was Date Tech's turn again to serve.

Daichi got it up, Suga setting it up to Tanaka and Date Tech setting up their own attack. It was continuesly passed back and forth until Asahi was up to spike, using all his might to spike and broke through the Iron Wall.

The whistle blew, signaling the end of the matches. It was a tie, both teams were out of breath and everyone sped to their waterbottles and sat on the ground dead.

Their coaches laugh at them, it was vivid and nerve-wracking that no one could keep up. It was great for Karasuno's first match.

Date Tech and Karasuno congratulated eachother with the tall white hair and Asahi handshaking. They went to their next match and promised to meet afterwards.

A/n: here it is! After a full week and a hard working PowerPoint that I'm supposed to present on Tuesday next week....good luck to me :')