Entry 2 - My Day

Thursday, 26ʰ December
I finally asked Mom how to write a journal (yes!). It was really nice of her to give me journaling tips. Here's what she wrote for me:

 Here's what she wrote for me:

I must say, I found it rather helpful

9:45 a.m.
I woke up rather late today, I guess that's because we were celebrating Christmas all night. Dad was already at the CCPD (Central City Police Department) when I came downstairs, Mom was at the news station as well. As I walked towards the kitchen, I heard a weird noise coming from there. I doubted that's a thief, 'cause Dad had installed too many padlocks on the front door after an incident happened long before I was born (not sure what happened though). Even if a thief picks out every single padlock, there's an alarm that will ring so loud that my ear might blow. And there's this other alarm that'll alert Dad and he'll come rushing home. I must say, Dad kind of overdone it.

I walked, or rather tip-toed quietly towards the kitchen. At the same time, I grabbed the backscratcher on a nearby table. Look, I know using a backscratcher wasn't an ideal choice to defend myself, but what can I say? It's the only thing that could defend me.

Gripping the backscratcher in front of me, I walked slowly into the kitchen. My heart was beating so loudly against my chest, I thought that it was so loud that the person in the kitchen could hear it. When I reached the doorway, I heard some funny noises coming from there. It sounded like the person was...eating?

I still held the backscratcher firmly in front of me, just in case.

I jumped in and said, 'Don't move!' And that's when I had the surprise of my life.

'Dawn? You're awake already? Umm, what's with the backscratcher?' My cousin, Wally, asked me.

Argh, I should have known! When neither of them are at home, Wally (or anyone else close to Mom or Dad) would come here to our place to 'babysit' us. I'm awfully dumb sometimes :(

I quickly hid the backscratcher behind my back, and plastered an innocent smile on my face.

'Umm, I wanted to...err...scratch my back! It's soooo itchy,' I said and scratched my back. I hoped that convinced him.