Chapter 23

"This is long," Yujin uttered as she trailed her finger along the small map in front of the luge park. "I think I can do this one." she turned and looked over her shoulder to see Minju who was also observing the map.

"You sure?" the older asked while Yujin gave a dimpled smile and nodded her head before holding onto Minju's hand, dragging her to where the rest are.

They went towards the helmet trying section. The younger girl took one, turning around as she shifted Minju's hair slightly and put it on her, securing the strap.

She playfully knocked on the helmet, making Minju frown at her. "You look funny." the taller giggled a little, earning a jab to her stomach while Minju went to find one for her.

"Too big." Yujin pouted a little while the older took it off and found another one.

"Still too big." the younger said while Minju puckered her lips and went towards one of the facilitators.

"Do you have something smaller?" she asked politely while the guy took a look and shook his head.

"This is the smallest we have for adults. The rest are for children." Minju scratched her head with her finger and made her way back to where Yujin was.

"You'll have to deal with this one." She placed the helmet over her head while the younger lifted it up to look at her.

"They said they have helmets for children, but that'll be too small for you," she mumbled a little and secured the buckle before tapping on her head, asking Yujin to stand back up.

"Y'all done?" Yuri asked while they nodded and went towards where the starting point is. They all sat on the 'vehicle' and checked everything, instructors giving them a safety brief.

"Pull back for the break, release for acceleration. Try not to go too fast because the road is a little slippery but it's safe to ride on. Otherwise, have fun!" the lady waved her hands while they clapped.

"I'm so going to beat you," Yujin uttered with a challenging look while Minju shook her head. "Try me." the older uttered, getting ready.

There are a few other people joining them since 12 people can go at one time.

"Okay, get ready!" the lady exclaimed while they narrowed their eyes, looking in front.

"Go!" they all went at the same time, Yena being the first since she's reckless.

"Woohoo~" she shouted with one hand in the air while they all raced towards the bottom.

The whole course is 2.5 kilometres long.

"I thought you said you're going to beat me." Minju raised her voice a little while going beside Yujin.

The younger turned and looked at her while releasing the handle a little, accelerating faster while Minju caught up in no time.

"On second thoughts, I think this is a little scary." Yujin stammered a little, eyes never peering away from the front which made Minju chuckle as she took over her and went ahead.

Realising Yujin was way behind, she slowed down a little and went beside her again.

"Why are you going at 5 metres per second?" the older asked while Yujin raised both eyebrows and glanced at her.

"I think I'm just going to go at this speed. It's fast enough." Minju smiled and looked away as she shook her head.

"Or so you thought." The younger smirked and let go fully, causing her to go down at full speed which shocked the older as she scoffed before chasing after her.