Leave for Manhattan

I rolled my one suitcase down the driveway, in the dead of night, looking back at the dark house I had grown up in and once called my home. With a lump in my throat I quietly walked the rest of the way to the bus stop with out looking back at the house. It was all behind me now. The strict parents, the over achieving sister, it was all in the past. Now I could start a new life. Somewhere. Wherever that bus takes me to.

When I get to the stop, something inside of me snaps. Maybe this is the wrong decision. Maybe I should have spent all that money I saved up on something useful. But instead I’m using it to run away somewhere in this big, big world.

I started to step onto the bus when I heard someone screaming my name. I didn’t bother to look but he grabbed me around the waist and held me back.

“Stop! Let me go!” I screamed. “I can’t let you do this!” He said back. The bus doors slid shut and I started to struggle more.

It was after the bus was out of sight that he let me go. I chased in its direction, leaving behind my suitcase.

The tears started running down my cheeks. That bus was all I had. All I had to get me out of here. I clutched the bus ticket in my hand and he came over and ripped it half, as if it was my heart.

I was sobbing uncontrollably now and he just took me in his arms and soothed me.

“It’s ok.” He cooed. “It’s all going to be alright.”