Twenty- Two | Dr. Your Highness

Unknown

You often wonder the difference it would make to have something you've always wanted besides you, instead of always watching it. Maybe it would be the joy, the emotions or the memories you would start to make that would make the difference. For years on end since she was born, I have watched her. Watched her figure shape itself, watch her personality grow. Given this assignment, there were orders and rules to follow. Till this day, I continue to hide the secrets of breaking them.

1. Don't touch her. Broken.

2. Don't kill anyone close to her.

3. Bring her to boss and that's it.

What would happen to me if boss found out? Death. I would love to make her suffer before he finds out- no matter what I have to do to keep the sacred secret.

My pretty little Odette. I stare at her in awe through the window as she peacefully sleeps.

Augusto Cyrus

I came home 2 days early with only being gone for 2 weeks. I needed to see her, touch her, caress her in every way possible. Being away from her has taken a toll on me. I don't like being away from her. She's my weakness now.

Lilian welcomed me in but not long after told me Odette hasn't been feeling well. I dashed up the stairs and headed for our bedroom. Our. What a funny little word.

Walking into the bedroom, she lays with the silk sheets in comfort. Closing the door, I walk towards the bed and sit beside her. The bliss upon her face makes my worry drown out. Touching her head, she feels hot, almost too hot.

"Odette? Love?" I whisper against her head. She stirs, shivering and rolls over. I smile, deciding to take a brief shower before laying with her.

Turning the shower on, I strip and step in letting the hot water run down my sore muscles.

"How long do you plan on keeping pretty little Odette a secret?"

That one line lingered in my mind. He knows- someone must have told him. There's a mole or he was in my territory. Whatever the case may be, I need to find out how.

Finishing up, I got out and wrapped a towel around me.

The moment I saw her I made an oath. An oath of protection- this one cannot fail. It was the night I made love to her. She was already peacefully sleeping and I just stared at her.

"Odette. I vow an oath to you. To protect you, make you feel special every day of your life and to keep those gorgeous hazel eyes of yours shinning bright. You have me, you have all of the broken parts of me that you heal everyday with that smile." I kiss her head as a small tear escapes my eyes dropping onto her cheek. Slightly she stirs but snuggles closer to me.

I slide some boxers on, poking my head out to check on her. She looked up, surprised that I was home so early.

"Why are you home? You weren't suppose to be back until Friday." She coughs after.

"I needed to come home, my wife was waiting for me." I walk over to her and pull her into my chest.

She looked up, tears along her eyes basically building up. She held tight though, with all her strength not a single tear fell until she closed her eyes when I kissed her. I wiped it away with my thumb. The kiss was slow, gentle but desire filled us.