Chapter Three: Experiment

William POV & 3rd POV

Lance enters Joy's office. Joy, and two military are there. "Mission accomplished." Lance said as he put the briefcase on the table. The two military people opens the briefcase. "Oh, man, I'm telling you, it was one of my best. I was on fire. Fighting, explosions, tons of witty catchphrases." Lance said as he sat on his table.

The two military opened the briefcase and was shocked, they showed it to Joy. "Lance?" Joy called. "I had to jump through a helicopter. Right?" Lance said. "Lance!" Joy called again. "Hmm?" Lance said. Joy shows Lance the empty briefcase. "Please tell me you have an explanation for why this is empty." Joy said.

Marcy appeared at the door. "I know why. Because he stole it." Marcy said. "Excuse me?" Lance, and Joy questioned. "Agent Marcy Kappel, Internal Affairs. Mind if my team sweeps the room?" Marcy asked as her team enters the office.

"Yes, I mind." Joy said. A woman with glasses got close to Joy. "They call me Eyes. Spectral analysis and quantum optical thermography." Eyes said as she checked around the. "Ears. Sound." Ears said. Ears went to Lance.

"Okay. Hey, y'all need to ease out of my face right now." Lance said. Ears deactivated Lance's weapons. "Whoa! Hey." Lance said. "Weapons deactivated. Backing up." Lance said. "Take Agent Sterling into custody." Marcy said as two security enters the room.

"All right, enough!" Joy said as she stopped the two security. "We're talking about my top agent here. I trust this man." Joy said. "The only thing we can trust is the facts. Eyes?" Marcy said.

Eyes got to the computer. "A surveillance camera in Tokyo picked this up two hours after your mission." Eyes said as in the middle of the room shows a recording. The recording shows two officers, and Lance there. The Lance in the recording used a drone to attack the two officers.

Lance was shocked. Joy looked at Lance. "Lance?" Joy said. "Joy." Lance said. "His heart rate just spiked." Eyes said holding a tablet. "That's because it isn't me." Lance said. "Vocal patterns is all off the hook." Ears said holding his gadget.

"This has to be wrong." Joy said. "This is wrong! I didn't... Look, there was a guy with a robot hand. He stole the Assassin, and he scanned my face to frame me." Lance said. "That sounds plausible, and not like something you just made up." Marcy said not believing him.

"Sounds a little Scooby-Doo, bro." Ears said. "It isn't me!" Lance said. "Okay, so, just to be clear... there's a man with a robot hand and Lance's face who took the M-9 Assassin. We all feel good about that? Okay, case closed. Let's go home." Marcy said jokingly.

"You know what? There's a bad guy who needs to be stopped." Lance said as he passed Marcy. Marcy put handcuffs on his hands. "Couldn't agree more." Marcy said. "Huh. You're good." Lance said. The two security got close to Lance. "Lance, just cooperate." Joy said. "Didn't see that coming, did you?" Marcy questioned.

"Did you see that coming?" Lance asked pointing at his mug. The mug has a gadget on it, the gadget made the room lights out. The lights turn back on and Lance is no where to be seen. Lance put the handcuffs onto the two officers. "He's running. Why do they always run?" Marcy asked as she tie her hair into a ponytail.

After Marcy, and others left. Joy decides to contact another person she trusts. "Agent Silence, come in. This is Joy." Joy said through her communicator. "Director, what do you need?" I asked. "Agent Lance Sterling, has just been suspected for stealing the M-9 Assassin that he was suppose to retrieve." Joy said. "So... you want me to find out the truth of what happened?" I asked. "Yes, and some agents will be tracking him." Joy said. "Understood, I'll do what I can to clear, Agent Sterling's name." I said as I ended the call.