Things Will Change

"i love her, and that is the beginning and end of everything."  - F Scott Fitzgerald

Mia was gathered with the entire family on the bleachers, cheering on Alex during his baseball game

"Dale, Dylan, dale. You got this! Stand right in there, don't be afraid of the ball." Screamed Pen, only to groan when a loud thud was heard.

"Just shake it off, Dylan! Shake it off! Yes! Way to take one for the team!"

Mia giggled, before fanning herself lightly, trying to cool her body down, "God, the weather's awful today," she grumbled.

"Si," Lydia agreed, "Ay, por el amor de Dios... it is so hot." The grandmother took out a bottle of run, and began cooling herself off with it.

Pen glanced at them, calling out, "All right, Mami, Angelita, let's do the wave."

They grabbed hands, cheering in a line, until it reached Elena, who simply shook her head, deadpanning, "No."

Mia booed her jokingly, as Pen told Lydia to bring out the food. Looking down, the girl chuckled at the whole meal they'd brought, before trying to grab a cookie, only to have her hand smacked away by Lydia.

"You will ruin your appetite," scolded the older woman, before sneaking her a biscuit anyway, winking slyly.

"Okay, Alex is up. Here we go!" Screamed Penelope excitedly.

Mia stood up, jumping happily in her seat. She had one of Alex' old jerseys on, with his last name and number decorating the back.

What? He was her boyfriend, she was basically contractually obligated to show him support.

As the boy scored a home-run, they all screamed happily, dissolving into laughter when Lydia pulled out a Cuban flag.

"Ooh! That's new. Where'd you get that from?" Asked Pen with a grin.

"Walmart!"

———————

The minute the game had ended, Mia had run straight to Alex, jumping into his arms and giggling loudly when he twirled her around.

Dropping her back on her feet, he grinned when she pressed a happy kiss to his lips, saying, "I'm so proud of you! Mon coeur, you played so well!"

Foreheads leaning against one another, he mumbled, "Thank you, princesa." Before pulling away, smirking when he finally noticed what she was wearing,"Is that my old jersey?"

The girl grinned, twirling around flirtatiously, "Yep. I stole it so I could wear it to your games. Let everyone know exactly who it is I'm supporting."

"I love it."

As the two began walking back to their family, fingers weaved together, a group of kids from a nearby bus screamed, "Build the wall!"