AFTERWORD

This was an exciting short story for me to type, mainly because I was really looking forward to tying up the loose ends in Addison's arc. Granted, it's not over yet, but this was a great start in my opinion. I put a lot of thought into where Addison would go after leaving Safe Haven, and settling on Xishuangbanna couldn't have been a better choice. I enjoyed creating the new friendship dynamic between him, Xiao Lang, and Tián. I also unwittingly created some particularly spicy chemistry between him and Tián, which eventually morphed into a full-fledged newfound romance.

In addition to all this, I wanted to give a little insight into what was happening in the Safe Havens following the Convergence. This isn't the whole shebang, of course, but hopefully it's a tantalizing sneak peek. The situation will be explored further in upcoming stories, including the next one, which deals with Venganza's quest to restore her humanity.

Per the usual: thanks to Vivienne "vivziepop" Medrano, dollcreep, and Jessi Ochse for the characters and concepts upon which this story was based. Also, special thanks to Kenji Tamai, Takahito Uchisawa, Yoshikazu Nagai, Masahiro Tobinai, Masaki Mori, and Aimer for the absolute treasure that is "Kataomoi". What a beautiful song.

"P R O D I G A L : R E D E M P T I O N" was written from January 6, 2021 to January 8, 2021.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The late Victoria Keane is tired of being a dead woman walking. Her search for life begins in the wake of the Convergence... with a little help from some unexpected allies.

Next up: "V E N G A N Z A : R E S T O R A T I O N"!