04: Wilbur Laughed

Pain grew across Tommy's back as he had been in the same position since he had fallen asleep yesterday, yet the pain was abnormal.

It almost didn't feel real.

He stood up and lunged towards the sword, dragging it up by the handle and etching another line on to the wall.

"Day two Tubs. I told you I got this."

He left his front door in the same clothes he had worn the previous day and evidently also slept in, but he really couldn't give a shit anymore.

Making his way over to his gate, he unlocked it and walked out. Ignoring the sound of the inconsiderate squids, splashing in the river next to him.

"Come here, you little shit!" he heard someone shout, before a short scream was heard from ahead.

"Uh? Hello?" he said in response.

"Ah. Tommy, just the man I was looking for." The man twisted his head around to look at the boy. His white bandana made it easy for Tommy to identify who it was.

Sapnap.

Tommy averted his eyes around the man's body to see who he was grabbing by both arms. Until he noticed a familar green sweater wrapped around the shorter boys body.

"Toby?!"

"Any last words to say before your best friend dies Tommy?"

"What? No. Stop-"

Before he could even finish his sentence, a sword was dragged out of its holder and plunged directly in to Tubbo.

"No-!"

Tommy was once again cut off as Sapnap came charging towards him, pushing Tommy on to his back. The world began spinning and blurring out of vision until everything went white.

He opened his eyes. Something was wrong.

Why could he smell the sea?

Why was it so bright from under his eyelids?

He slowly opened his eyes to find that he was in a recognisable tent. One he had spent months living in while in exile.

Why was he back?

He shouldn't be here.

"Ugh! Stop it- Let me go!" Tommy could faintly hear arguing through the thin tent walls.

He raised his hand slowly and grabbed the parted tent door and exited to see what the commotion was about.

Looking around, he noticed two green figures right by his nether portal. One appeared to be pinned agaisnt it.

He would have to get closer to see who it was. So that is exactly what he done.

As he approached the two figures, he trembled as a masked man and.. tubbo? turned towards him, one looking absolutely terrified, the other looking insane.

"Tommy. Tommy. Tommy. We've been waiting for you." the masked man spoke ominously.

"No. No. No. No. This isn't real. This can't be real. You're in prison. You're not real." His hands flew up to both his ears and his eyes, smacking his head and pushing in his eye sockets, trying to cover them both simultaniously. "Go away! This isn't real!"

"If it isn't real. Explain this." the man in the mask spoke as he lifted his mask to show his sly smile and plunged the swiftly dagger into the brunette.

"No-!" Before Tommy could finish his sentence, a dagger was flying in his direction, lodging itself right in to his stomach.

Coughing, he reached down to try and grab the knife, but as he reached down, someone grabbed his wrist first.

He looked up and..

Wilbur?

He looked around and he was in..

L'manburg?

Back where this had all begun. The first place that he had learned to call home.

The hand was still holding Tommy's wrist with a bow in his other.

"Come on, Tommy. Let's do this together, shall we?" The older man with a white streak in his hair grabbed Tommy's wrist with more force and put his hand as well as Tommy's on the bow.

Tommy was paralysed.

Why can't he move?

"Wilbur? What are you doing?" That was the moment the blonde looked up and realised exactly what the bow and arrow was pointed at.

Tubbo.

His best friend.

"This is all your fault Tommy! If you just convinced me to stay, none of this would have happened! I would still be here! I would still be alive!"

No. This isn't real.

It's not real.

It's not real.

"What? No- Wilbur. What are you doing?!"

Tommy was paralysed.

"You heard the man Toms. This is your fault. Now you have to deal with the consequence." he smirked.

Tommy tried with all the strength he could muster up, but to no avail. Why can't he move?!

"Wil. No. This isn't you." Finally, Wilbur dropped Tommy's hand, feigning some kind of hurt, and Tommy could move again.

He ran to stand next to his best friend as fast as he could.

Wilbur drew the bow, took a deep breath in, pointed it at Tubbo, "Wilbur! Stop it!"

Then twisted it to face Tommy. "Will.."

"It was never meant to be."

Wilbur said.

Wilbur laughed.

Wilbur shot.

As the arrow shot him through the gut, he shot up from his sweat covered bedsheets, clutching and scratching at his stomach.

How did he even get in to bed?

Niki.

His eyes now pouring with tears. Duvet still tangled up from the restless nights. Lilah sat at the end of his bed, startled.

His mind was finally released from the endless torment of his best friends ultimate demise.