♡ Chap. 1 : Inseparable ♡

"Gotcha! You too! Ha!" screams Rubble with a victorious voice holding a sword and a shield.

Everest: Hi boys! What game are you playing?

The three boys raise their heads and look at Everest.
"I am King Rubble! And Rocky and Zuma are my enemies!" says Rubble with immense pride like King Arthur.

Zuma: Dude, I don't want to play anymore. It's boring to lose every time ... "

Rubble: I see that my Queen Everest wants to join me?

Everest giggles, and entering Rubble's game, she becomes his "queen".
She picks up Zuma's wooden sword, and near Rubble, she lifts her sword skyward.
"What should we do, my King Rubble?" says the female husky in a majestic and loud voice so that anyone would tremble with fear.
But the king is no longer there. Indeed, Everest sees him eating pup treats further away.

Rubble: We'll play later! I'm too hungry...

"Oh Rubble ..." Everest says with a small smile on her lips. Putting the wooden sword on the ground, she then starts looking for her friends, or rather, her true friends including Marshall, Chase and Skye. They four form an inseparable group of friends. So inseparable that Everest feels love for the German Shepherd.

She sees them far away, near two trees, sitting, talking to each other and not laughing.
Confused, curious and with an admirable gait, she walks towards them.
Marshall is the first to see her.

Marshall: Everest! When did you come?

"Hey Marshall! I just come" says the brave young girl.
Having greeted her two other friends, Everest asks this question:
"So what are you talking about without me?"
"Oh...nothing. Really. What if we play something ..." says Chase.

Everest: Oh alright. When I am here, you stop your little business and you want to play. Great.

Skye: Everest ... we weren't really talking about anything.

"Yes of course. And those sad little faces I see?" says the husky, annoyed.
"Okay, okay. I'm telling you. We were talking about Ryder Sir. He hasn't been looking good the the last few days." Chase says with a look on the floor.
"Don't worry, Chase. We're here for Ryder" Skye says, her paw stroking Chase's shoulder.

This paw caressing Chase's shoulder, Everest becomes jealous. So jealous that she doesn't look at her best friend cockapoo anymore.

Everest: Okay, I guess you're not in a good mood to play something. Maybe you want to talk? Let's talk about love, it's always been a subject that interests me ...

Marshall: Oh Everest, Skase is here soon.

Skye, embarrassed and flushed, looks in another direction while Chase has no particular emotion.
As for Everest, she absolutely didn't like Marshall's confirmation.

Everest leaves plenty of clues to her friends that she loves Chase, but no one really wants to ship her with her crush. Even if she will have to blush in front of her crush, she will. But she wants Chase to know the truth that beats in her heart.