Chapter 6.

"Evan! Evan Lorry! EVAN!" A girl's voice was heard. And it was what woke the two boys up on this Saturday morning, and they were not very pleased with it. They had both been knackered from yesterday and hadn't even realized when the sun had gotten up, several hours ago, wrapping the house in a wonderful light with its shiny rays.

Evan, who had very much not slept on his bed but had slept on the armchair instead, was the first to hear the girl shouting outside his door and was not surprised that he was, considering that Timothee was sleeping so deep that even the sun had not affected him, snuggled deep under his duvet, his hair plastered upon his forehead, his head barely visible.

"Oh shut up..." Evan groaned, getting up from the armchair with a great frown on his face, praying that the girl would stop so that Timothee's sleep wouldn't get disrupted by her voice.

"What is it?" Timothee, barely conscious whispered from the couch, pulling the duvet closer to his body, his eyes wincing at the morning light, not quite opening them though. Evan quickly rushed to the windows, which were plenty, and pulled the curtains shut giving the semi-asleep boy the protection from the light he craved.

"Sh... It's nothing, Timmy." Evan assured him, rushing to his side with a sleepy smile. There was this urge again. To protect him. No, no, it wasn't that, Evan tried to deny it to himself, shuffling towards the door once he made sure that Timothee was fast asleep again.

He got to the door, his jaw clenching in irritation before opening it revealing five people standing at his doorstep staring at him, waiting for explanations as to why their friend hadn't responded immediately to their call or why he hadn't shown up to their usual Saturday-morning breakfast earlier this morning.

"Look who decided to show signs of life." A spectacle-wearing boy with blonde, slicked hair and a snobbish manner was the first one to speak, Evan only being barely able to see them through his heavy eyelids.

"You are a dick, Oren." A ginger-haired girl scolded him, earning a shrug from him.

"Your opinion leaves me completely untouched, sweetheart." Oren, the blonde boy, informed her, unbothered by her remark on his behavior. The ginger was just about to talk back, and she would have if they hadn't been disrupted by Evan fake-clearing his neck with a cough, eager to go back to sleeping, but atop of all not wanting them to start fighting there and wake Timothee up.

"Maybe your throat wouldn't be so sore if you had joined us this morning and gotten some tea with us, Evan." Oren remarked attempting to take a step inside but getting shortly body-blocked by Evan who was suddenly very much awake. The five teens on the doorstep looked funnily at him, not seeing a reason behind his strange behavior.

"Everything's good, Ev?" A lanky boy with flaming red hair asked, not used to Evan being so strange.

"Yea, yea. Um... Everything's great." Evan hurriedly replied, rubbing his eyes trying to get used to the morning light, that was his absolutely worst enemy, as he watched a knowing smirk spreading across Oren's features.

"Half-naked, wild hair, didn't show up in your favorite time of the week, clearly woken up by us..." Oren started saying, his eyes scanning him, from the very top of his head where his hair was wilder than ever travelling down his naked torso, stopping where his plaid pajama pants started, before giving a satisfied nod to himself. "Must've been hooking up with someone."

"Wha-No! No! Mind your business, Oren." Evan rashly explained, stumbling upon his own words, thing unusual for him. His friends arched their eyebrows in an almost comical way as Evan mentally cursed at himself. Then, Oren took a step in, before Evan could stop him, followed by the rest of them as Evan literally banged his head at the doorframe, hearing Oren's triumphant applause.