When Esme was born

Sweat curled around the ridge of her backbone, making the floral patterned garb cling to her. Just by looking at my mother, I could tell that something was not right. The smooth black covering that lay upon her eyelid squinted with a tear as she stared at the tightly locked door.

Shaking in fear, Begonia heard the voice of her husband's cry, the sound of clenched gun triggers, iron spent shells falling onto the ground, and instantly clasping back in.

"Those cruel back stabbers"!

Her instincts then alerted before her voice-

"Marigold"! hide in the cellar, they're coming.

But before she could respond to her mother's words, she stood in the corner of the hut, playing with a blue plant she'd found in the forest's sunrise.

The little girl then sat it up on the table before conceding.

"Who's coming mom"? asked little Marigold with tears forming in her eyes.

Begonia brushed away her curly blond hair and knelt facing her.

"Sweety"! I'm sorry but we've been attacked. The humans never kept their word but turned against us.

She froze with fear.

"Mom"? I thought you said we were safe.

Begonia then unlocked the brown door and took a half step outside.

"Where are you going"? I asked in tears.

Going to get your little cousins, go hide in the cellar honey.

"But"..mother"?....but...you're going to get yourself killed.

"Where is dad? Is he here"? I double rehearsed.

As soon as that question popped out of my mouth, the vicinity felt dreadful. Her face withered, as she stared at the ground; a tear surprisingly flowed from her left eye.

'Mom"? I called out sadly, for the second time so that she could understand that I wanted to know where dad was. I soon got slapped in the chest with the hardest pain I have ever felt. Even burning on the verdant faeries tattoos unto my hands wasn't anything compared to the words she sent out. She dried her tears and looked me straight in the eyes.

"He's dead Marigold"!

As I calculated in my head the words I just heard, my heart stopped beating.

Begonia said it like it was nothing but deep in her eyes, I could tell she wanted to cry.

I was broken.....

"Daddy's dead"? I asked shocked with fear of losing my mama too.

She hugged me to her, wrapping the baby with the blanket.

She then gave her to me.

With one last look in my sister's green eyes, my mother could tell she was special. I carefully took her in my arms when Begonia continued-"

I have to fight Marigold, your father would want me to fight. I gotta do it for him.....for you...

I'm going to miss you so much, she whispered as she grabbed me tightly into her arms. I could smell the plant herbs she sprayed herself with and the floral skin of my mother touching mine, I never wanted to leave her arms.

But.....she finally let go

Keep your sister safe, she is one in a million-"and with that, she covered her head with the black hoodie and disappeared through the gloaming darkness, leaving the back door open for me to escape.

I climbed into the boat, laying my newborn sister beside me grabbing the pedals, I rowed away from shore.

In the distance, I could hear blasts and explosions. I then remembered that I was actually a faery so I used the last magic technique Begonia taught me and steered the boat.

With one last look there she was, my mother, blasting away with the whole village. I could feel the hurt and rage burning through my heart. I wanted to kill every single human that came in my way.

But It seems to me that If I wanted to destroy every human existence...I didn't have that power, my sister did

"Esme" shortened for Esmerelda

An earth feary

Born of the Emerald seed. The most powerful seed to ever exist.......

My father was also gone too, he did everything he could to protect us from the humans. I thought they were friendly creatures like us but I was wrong they were the opposites of us. Horrible, vicious, and nasty creatures. I was sad and broken to pieces, my cousins, parents, grandparents, and friends, also the whole village and townlet were burnt to ashes.

"I will never forget this day"

***

Hello guys, it's Xolaminra here. So I felt that I loved nature too much so why not create a fae book, with an earth village, a fae realm, and magic....well here it is my first ever fae book-

***

This book is about a young fae named Esme, who fell in love with a human called Join. Her sister, Marigold the most powerful and elegant fae in the entire realm despises humans and forbade fae's to ever cross the border and to never be caught speaking to one. Esme struggles to show her sister that not all humans are evil.

How the war between faeries and humans began?

Long ago where faes and humans once settled together, united in one realm fighting against the evil-hearted, soon awoken to be one of the most powerful redemptions of the envious and the wicked. But the whole time when the fans thought they were fighting against evil, they were not, they stood fighting against good. The nightmare prevailed right in front of their eyes, all along, but they were blind to it because of trust.

Dwelling among the equal villages, centralized in one bond, it soon fell apart.

And what TORE them APART

"Jealousy tore them apart"

The humans grew relatively voracious of the faerie's powerful magic, feeling vulnerable and weak like commoners. They felt that they only had to use revolvers, bombs, swords, and arrows, while the faeries had it easy.

So presently as the months departed they soon vanished disentangling themselves, inaugurating an intense battle.

And with no choice, the elves and faeries had to fight back.

Feeling discomforted the queen made a barrier separating the human from the faes, and that's how it began.

With faery mothers keeping their newborns prudent divulging their lasses with the stories of how faeries and humans came to be enemies and the huge war that killed all. It was now one of the strictest rules on the faerie scroll. It was now forbidden to cross the barriers horizon.

The magic used to forge a barrier around the entire territory was indeed very powerful. The most powerful of all, but when the unusual emerald seed was found. The entire kingdom assumed that that faerie inside was certainly special.

And that faery was--

"Esme

She knew her sister hated humans, yet she violated and crossed the border...but she knew what she was doing, and in the end she made it.