How Luke Becomes a Holonet Sensation (sort of)

Or, how Ahsoka is really not okay with this, and uses plenty of italics along the way. Set after intelligence briefing, sort of during the evolution of a family.

    "So then you just connect the stabilizers to these wires here, and it should be fixed," the boy on the holo screen finished, with an air of satisfaction. "Easy as that."

    Ahsoka felt very much like face-palming. One of the pilots had showed their friend an ask-for-help mechanics holotube channel, and it spiraled from there. Apparently it was so important that command had to watch, and it wasn't hard to guess why.

    Of course Anakin's son would create a (probably illicit) holotube channel for the sole purpose of creating repair tutorials. Of course. So now they had watched every video they could of the easy-going teenager, just to try and find some useful information.

    (Ahsoka very pointedly did not think about the time Anakin showed her how to fix her speeder. She didn't think about the time he taught her to hotwire a fighter, no she did not.)

    In the end, most of the videos followed the same track. The boy (unnamed) would accept requests from viewers and do a tutorial of how to fix their mechanical problem. Along the way, he would answer other questions, mostly silly ones about favorite color or his hardest build. Often times it seemed he started to say something personal, and then stopped abruptly. He really was a brick wall about his private life, except for the fact that he filmed in a hanger.

An apparently very public hanger. That was very obviously on a military base of some sort, that had very obvious soldiers in it, and-

You get the idea. The kid was a sweetheart, but oblivious. So now he was livestreaming another episode, and the entire command staff was watching again. Oh, how the mighty had fallen.

The kid paused to read the questions streaming in. "Umm let's see. From Hoe-bi-wan ken-hoe-bi, wizard name by the way, totally irreverent... what's with all the clones?"

The kid blanked for a moment, and then pasted on an innocent smile. "Clones? I don't know what you're talking about! I mean, there's Oscar and Kevin. They're identical twins, but they aren't clones...."

Three men who definitely were clones walked through the hanger behind him carrying (for some reason) large balls of yarn, and the boy twisted around guiltily. "Oh, and Bobbatha. Yeah. There are three of them! Uh...... next question?"

Bobbatha? Ahsoka mouthed soundlessly and tried to hide a snicker. His improv skills needed serious work.

The kid continued. "From Maisiee, who is a subscriber, yay! She says 'I don't know if you know this, but I recognized one of the people that walked behind you last episode. He's a very dangerous jedi criminal and I'm worried about-'" The kid trailed off.

Ahsoka raised an eyebrow, wondering how he would play this. She had distantly clocked said jedi when they had seen the last episode, but she had thought that was just because they were raised in the same temple. For a member of the general public to be realizing it, they had to be really obvious. What had the jedi been doing again?

Luke continued, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Uh, I don't know, Maisiee. I really appreciate your concern but there's no way that that was a jedi! That was, um, Riccie, and he was testing out a- a.. prototype holo sword! Yeah, a sword made out of holograms. And he's super busy, so we can't talk to him. Sorry! But he's not a jedi."

After that trainwreck of an excuse, Ahsoka expected him to log off immediately. But no, he was stubborn and tried for a safer question. "Oh, I like this one! TristArion wants to know my favorite fruit. Well-"

A voice cut him off, calling in a refined core accent. "Luke? Where are you? Your sister has been waiting for you for-"

The kid- Luke- blanched and glanced over his shoulder. "Coming!" Then he turned to the screen and, before Ahsoka could process, said a quick "bye guys!" And the holo cut out.

What. the kriff??? Sato and the others, who had been silent up until now, began murmuring about using voice recognition tech to find out who that last voice had been, since he had been so strangely familiar. But there was no need. Ahsoka would recognize her grandmaster's voice anywhere, even sixteen years after she heard him last.

The absolute bastard, she mused to herself. Couldn't even tell her he was alive? Oh, she was definitely getting him back for this.

Welp, I was bored and this happened. Tell me what you think?