Novel Introduction

To my readers,

First off, thank you so much for picking up Broken Strings. Whether you're a fan of my previous work or are discovering my writing for the first time, I sincerely hope you enjoy this novel and the stories it tells.

Before jumping into the book, I want a few things to be clear:

(1) This novel contains a love story focused on two gay male characters. I consider all of my books to be a safe space for my readers but this one more so than any other I've written. I welcome any constructive comments related to my writing style and technique but negative comments about the sexual orientation of my characters or any harmful comments targeted at LGBTQ+ will NOT be tolerated and, if seen, will be removed. If you are not interested in reading an LGBTQ+ love story, kindly exit now and find another novel.

(2) *MILD SPOILER* but this book will have a happy ending (*cue the sarcasm* shocking, right?  A romance with a happy ending!). Normally, I don't point that out at the start of my books but this story deals with some sensitive content surrounding a character coming out. For some, this may be triggering and I will do my best to point out at the start of chapters where there may be some content that could be difficult. However, in spite of that, I want it to be clear that this book ultimately is supposed to be a feel-good novel at the end of the day in spite of the challenges that the characters face. 

(3) Finally, I feel the need to point out that I consider myself to be an ally of all LGBTQ+ but I am not LGBTQ+ myself. That being said, I've done my best to research and accurately capture some challenges that LGBTQ+ individuals face but if any of my readers feel that I've been insensitive or am not understanding/have the whole picture of any of the issues portrayed in this book, PLEASE let me know either through the comments or send me a DM and we can have a conversation so that I can learn from my misunderstandings and correct the book, where necessary, to reflect   

I hope you sincerely enjoy Broken Strings. I'm exceptionally proud of this book and I'm very excited for all of you to read about Brock, Travis, Jay, and Ginger. 

There is one scene, in particular, that takes the cake as my all-time favourite dialogue interaction between two characters that I've ever written. The first 5 readers to guess which interaction it is will get a permanent follow from me as well as a 5-chapter review on one of their books. Since this book is anticipated to be about 50 chapters long, I'll narrow this down by saying that it's a scene that includes an interaction between Travis and two of the four main characters from Mayfly Melodies and occurs over midway through the book.

I'd also like to add that my following books/novella can be read together or may stand-alone. If you'd like to have a complete background of how many of these characters have developed, you can read my books in the following chronological order.

(1) Out of Tune

(2) A Side Effect of Celebrity

(3) Mayfly Melodies

(4) Broken Strings

Love is love,

Brenna <3