Chapter 3: Armeen

Chapter 3: Armeen

-eren

Unlocking his locker the dark-haired man couldn't help but think about this morning. After all of this time, you had finally noticed him again. He feels his body heat rise as he thinks about it.

Though, he knew one day you were going to notice. He wasn't sure what he was expecting to happen or when you'd catch him. He just knew it was going to happen and that day happened to be today. 

The last time you noticed him was long ago, he doubts you'd remember.

Although he's excited you had finally noticed, it felt like the little world he had built all these years was slowly shifting, he couldn't tell if whether it was a good or bad thing. 

He remembered the way you were spacing out staring at his house, he's curious if you're freaking out wondering if he knew you were in your head again or not. He can tell when you're zoned out. It's not hard to tell when it looks like there's not one thought going on behind your eyes. He usually sees that lifeless expression in Mr. Ackerman's 5th period Honors English. 

Eren smiles, thinking about you sitting in class with that look on your face. He then remembers that you make that same expression when Reiner is explaining something to you. The smile he once had faded away as he thinks about you with him. It looks like there's always something on your mind but yet you say so little.

He can tell you're not truly and fully happy with Reiner. The only time he can tell when you're happy is when you're with your friends. Otherwise, he doesn't see that glint in your eye anywhere else. Anybody would be able to tell this if they watched you as much as Eren did.

He remembers the way you looked when you had spotted him from your window, surprised and terrified that Eren might think you were watching him. The once dull expression you had before exploded into a face full of emotions. Just thinking about you looking at him, the dark-haired man feels that electric shock he felt this morning go through his body when you two had made eye contact. 

He feels the slightest zap in his fingertips giving them a tiny buzz as he grabs his last book from his locker and into his bag. The buzz traveled through his fingertips, up to his arms, and into his lips causing them to curve into a smile, thinking about your pretty face, again.

If only you knew the effect you had on him.

 Eren breaks out of his thoughts just in time. He spots his best friend Mikasa walking up to him pursing her lips at him. She already knows what was going on in his head.

"Hey Mikasa," Eren greets the raven-haired girl like he doesn't see her unenthusiastic expression. Mikasa crosses her arms and furrows her brows without saying anything. "What?" Eren questions, shutting his locker and leaning up against it, acting clueless.

"I'm not stupid asswipe" She growls. Mikasa sucks in her cheek and starts chewing it. 

Mikasa has always been straight up with Eren, which he appreciates because if it weren't for her then he'd probably never snap back into reality. 

"Someone's grumpy" Eren frowns at her and grins a little. Mikasa scowls at him. He tries to pat her head but Mikasa shoos his hand away, causing Eren to laugh. Mikasa was not impressed in the slightest resulting in Eren laughing harder at her reaction. He enjoyed pissing her off, she always gave the same reactions but it'll always entertain him.

"Shut up asshole, you were thinking about y/n again weren't you?" She asks him leaning on his locker again. "And don't lie to me." She forewarned pointing her slender chipped manicured finger at him.