5 | Fetal Position

As soon as it was dark out we already finished up setting everything up for the night, so now were just waiting for Dan to get the fire started. "Hi, there, Coal Miner's Daughter. You want a hand?" Tom bends down in front of Dan.

"Or you can always try these fancy new things called matches." Jerry shakes the matches at him so he slaps them away.

"I saw how to do this on the Discovery Channel. Okay? And I'm gonna do it. I got it covered." He starts to talk to himself then I see Tom smile at his alcohol bottle.

They laugh at Dan while he freaks out

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

They laugh at Dan while he freaks out. "You could have hurt him." I slap Tom.

"He's fine though, babe. See, Dano is okay." He pulls me into his side.

We all just sit around the fire listening to music and drinking. Dan sings along to Do You Really Want To Hurt Me. "Do you you really wanna hear this crap?" Tom sings.

"Please. You liked this song is this as much as I did." Dan tells him.

"When we were kids, it didn't matter what the song was. We weren't wrapped up on what was cool and uncool. We just listened to the music. It should be like that now. Just listen to the song, man. Wow. This song is so uncool." Jerry says after hearing one more line.

"Well, I like it." I tell them.

"Because you're a female. And Dan wants wrong with you?" Jerry gives me a wink so I flip him off.

"I'm blessed with good taste. One day, you'll see, I've always been correct." Dan turns off the music.

"Don't get cocky, 30-year-old Dr.Mott, with 46 years of school under his belt." Tom tells him.

"Excuse me for getting an MD and starting a successful practice." Dan tells him.

"Well, excuse me. I found a way to make 12 grand a month without having a MD." Tom explains.

"Really? How do you do that?" I move away from him to look at him better.

"What, you running immigrants over the border again, coyote?" Dan asks him.

"Those guys fell asleep in my truck. I thought I'd just gotten shitfaced and bought a bunch of sombreros. I didn't know they were dudes underneath. For real, though. Selling Harleys. It's the greatest gig on the planet." Tom explains to us.

"Congrats. I'm happy for you." Dan and him cheer.

"Seriously, though, you guys both sound like you're doing great." Jerry speaks up.

"Aren't you?" Dan asks.

"I just don't know if I'm cut out for the whole family-wife-kids thing. Denise gets pissed every time I forgot our anniversary, her birthday at times, anything that's important between us. It's always, I try so hard. I keep giving hints. How come you can't remember anything between us but remember everything with your friends. You can't remember my birthday but when it's Parker's you say happy birthday as soon as it hits midnight then the time she was born. Call her when it's her parents anniversary of their deaths. And so on." Jerry sighs.