━━ 𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲, 𝖺 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖿𝗎𝗅𝗅 𝗈𝖿 𝗋𝖾𝗀𝗋𝖾𝗍𝗌

In the hospital, there is both sorrow and joy in equal measure

In the hospital, there is both sorrow and joy in equal measure. There are so many memories to recount, so much life lived in these hospital rooms.

She is Sano y/n. The hospital suddenly became her home at the moment she was forced to face the fragility of her life. There were moments of total contentment when she saw the sun setting over the hospital courtyard. She had lonely evenings and sleepless nights just like any other youngster.

Her parents passed away when she was a child. She barely managed to live with her siblings, who were working hard to cure her illness. Her body gave up on anemia when she was 14 years old. Sure, there were a slew of tests and procedures, and doctors were constantly discovering new problems with her body.

Still, there were a lot of moments of laughter behind those hardships. Those moments when she realized how mistaken the world had been: a short life may be just as rich as a long one. She met a man around her age whose name was Hanemiya Kazutora – an infamous delinquent who doesn't care much about his life.

Their first encounter was peculiar. It was the first day of August when unknowingly saved her from killing herself. Afterward, they got the closure every friend possesses as they later developed mutual feelings toward each other. It was one of the unexpected things, the moment they both fell in love with each other but they didn't manage to tell each other what they truly felt.

Days had passed and the month of August became filled with a mixture of feelings. Hate, Love, Sadness, Bliss, Hope, and Despair. August slipped into a moment of time.

"Doc! The patient in the Medical ward tried to harm herself again, they need you there!"

One of the nurses suddenly came running towards him, reporting about the happenings in the hospital.

"Heh, her again?" he asked.

The nurse simply nodded, "It seems like she was saved by a guy who was wreaking havoc around the hospital without knowing"

A lean and tall guy who was standing in the hallway who had predominantly black hair with cascading pieces of dyed yellow hair burst out laughing. He was wearing a lab gown and gloves while walking through the corridor –Hanemiya Kazutora.

"HAHAHA sounds familiar to me" he whispered. He suddenly remembered glimmers of the past when he first met someone exactly like this.

"Where are they?" he added.

"There," The nurse replied, pointing out the last room in the ward.

There were few nurses in there but a guy who was covered in bruises was the one who caught his attention.

"Oh, bruises. Where are you going?" Kazutora asked the guy.

The guy avoided his gaze and responded, "None of your business"

"Looking at your wounds, it must be from fighting someone"

"So what? Get off me, I have to go now"

Kazutora chuckled as he let go of the boy. He watched his back as he saw himself on him that day.

"Kids nowadays" the nurse beside him sighed,

Kazutora tucked his hands into his pockets as he looked up at the ceiling. "What date is it today?"

"First day of August, Doc"

He let out another sigh, a heavy one. He went back to his office as soon as he finished checking on the girl earlier. Kazutora saw a glimpse of the past, reminiscing about what happened back then.

On the 28th of August, he came back to life. However, once he opened his eyes, realization blinded him. He never saw y/n again.

Kazutora was proven innocent that day, but everything seems to be heavy. Especially after learning about the truth. He never knew that it was y/n's brother whom he refused to help that night.

"I remember how happy she was when she told me about the surgery."

"That was the last time I saw her," Kazutora added as he fished around his pocket for something.

It was a piece of a letter given by Baji to him. He said that the doctor who was in charge of her surgery was the one who wrote it, but the words came from y/n's heart and soul.

Tears flowed through his cheeks as he read it for the first time. He swore to himself that he would never open that letter until he made the promise.

He never expected that it'll still hurt like everything just happened yesterday, even though fifteen years had already passed. The way the letter tells it makes him feel like she was aware of her impending death by that very day.

"You had a heart of a Saint, yet a life of a sinner. I love you no matter who you are. Please live a life without any regrets. I regret nothing except for not being able to make it and explain how I truly feel towards you. I'm sorry, I couldn't make the promise I made to you. So please, achieve it, even though I'm not here anymore"

Loud sobs sounded all over his office. He was trying to hold back his tears but he just couldn't. The feeling of not being able to explain or even express what they truly feel towards each other, it's frustrating.

Kazutora was already thirty years old: a grown-up man who serves people and saves lives. While y/n remained fifteen, forever.

"Look at me now, y/n. I made it. I am standing here now in the hospital, saving lives… after I failed to save yours"

He might have that contentment in his eyes, the glimmers of the past will never fade. He will always live a life full of regrets, for screwing up everything, as he says. August, which was intended to be a blissful and loving month fell into melancholic anguish.

 August, which was intended to be a blissful and loving month fell into melancholic anguish