Chapter 1

Simona

Most people wake up to the sun shining through their window, waking them up from their sleep or perhaps the sound of birds chirping by a tree next to their bedroom window. Rising up to stretch, to smell the morning air and to get ready for an amazing day.

EHHH wrong! That's fairytale bullshit.

I, however, woke up to a loud beeping noise that came from next door. I sighed in annoyance, i was never gonna get enough sleep. I picked up my iphone and glanced at the time, 5:27am. I dragged myself over to my window and saw two big trucks reversing into the drive way next door. Each truck had 'home movers' written on it in thick, bold writing.

"Guess we have new neighbours." I muttered.

I looked straight through my window and came face to face with the neighbours' empty bedroom. The curtains had been taken off and the room didn't fail to look dull. Deciding i had finished staring i walked to the bathroom, undressed and decided to have a shower. Many thoughts arose.

What if Stefano's father comes back?
What if he takes Stefano away from me?
Should i tell Stefano about his father?

With each thought i scrubbed harder and harder. I hated this feeling, feeling out of control and useless. I turned off the water and stepped outside. The cold air hit my skin almost straight away causing goosebumps to rise on my skin. I wrapped myself in a pink fluffy towel and walked into my bedroom. I got dressed into blue ripped jeans and a black t-shirt.

I walked into Stefano's room and stood by the door. He was still asleep and he looked so cute. He resembles his father in many ways - Stefano looks exactly like his father but he behaves differently to his dad. Stefano sadly took his dads anger and that worries me. I really hope his father doesn't try to take him away from me if he was to come back.

"Mummy, why you crying? Don't be sad." Stefano said in a sad but alert voice. I quickly wiped the tear that fell down my cheek. Stefano got out of bed and wrapped his arms around my leg hugging me tightly. I crouched down to his level and hugged him back.

"Who's making you upset mummy? I don't ever want you to be sad." Stefano grabbed my cheeks with his tiny palms as a tear fell down his cheek.

"Baby no don't cry." I wiped his tear and in return, Stefano wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Mummy's okay, she just loves you so so so much." I  sadly said.

"Now why don't you go get changed and meet me downstairs for breakfast."  I pushed a couple of loose strands of hair away from his face.

"Sure mummy." And with that, he scurried away.

I walked downstairs and decided i was going to make us both a fruit smoothie with banana bread on the side. Stefano soon came down stairs and sat on the kitchen table.

"Hey honey, it's saturday so no school today. Is there anywhere you wanna go?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"Okay well why don't we go visit uncle at work. Does that sound okay?" He nodded his head quickly.

"I MISS UNCLE JAKE!!" He yelled while jumping up and down while i let out a laugh.

"Go put your shoes on baby and go wait in the car. I'll be there in a minute." He ran to the door, grabbed the keys out of the bowl and slipped on his black and white vans. I walked over to the fridge and pulled out two bottles of water and then put on my black and white vans to match with Stefano. I grabbed my phone, headphones, phone charger and shoved everything in my bag but the bottles of water.