Chapter 2

Previously on 'Mr.Ferrari':

Simona

"I love you so much. Thank you for everything." I said sighing.

"You don't need to thank me Simona. i'm your brother, i'll always help you out. i have your back. Now go, it's getting late." And with that he dismissed me.

__________

Simona

A buttery, sugary smell hit my nose. I finished icing the cake that said 'happy third anniversary'. Red was always Vincents' favourite colour. It was a tall black cake with red writing in icing and small red hearts scattered from the bottom of the cake, slowly disappearing to the top. I took the apron off and put it away. Today is the day i'm going to tell Vincent that i'm 2 months pregnant. I'm nervous. Is he going to be mad at me because i didn't tell him sooner?

I double checked the table to make sure everything was perfect, it had to be. I put the white roses in the middle of the table and straightened out my red knee length summer dress. The room smelt like my favourite candle. 6 o'clock sharp and the door swung wide open.

"Hunny i'm home!" Vincent shouted. I walked behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"I missed you so much." I murmured into his back. Even let a couple of tear drops slip. Vincent turned around, picked me up and swung me around in a circle and put me down.

"You look so beautiful baby but you're getting a little on the heavy side. Watch yourself or i won't be able to pick you up soon." Vincent said calmly and my cheeks went red.

"I'm sorry." I said with my head low. How embarrassing.

"Come. I want to show you something." I grabbed his hand in mine and before we got to the kitchen he stopped me.

"It smells amazing in here. What's the special occasion?" And i swear i've never felt my heart crack up until now. A ball formed in my throat and i couldn't swallow or breathe. I felt so stupid, so dumb. He let go of my hand and walked into the kitchen, i followed. He went around the table and inspected everything; the balloons, the set up of the table, the flowers and stopped at the cake. After reading it he looked back up at me.

"Happy anniversary, but i'm not hungry." And with that he walked away and into our room leaving me to suffer with my guilt. Did i do something wrong? Was it not good enough? I feel so useless. Tears slid down my pale cheeks but i quickly wiped them away and I followed him into our room. I stopped at the door and watched him unbutton his shirt.

"Vincent?"

"What?" He replied sternly without turning around.

"Did i do something wrong? Please don't be mad at me." I whispered the last part.

"For god's sake Simona!" He slammed his fist on the shelf and i jumped back. Tears forming in my eyes.

"I don't want to fucking eat your cake. So either get the fuck out of my house or come here now." He pointed a finger to a spot in front of him. And me like the wife I was, obeyed and walked in front of him.

"Look at me." I kept my head low in shame. I'm too embarrassed to look at him.

"Look at me." He grabbed my jaw tightly and made me look at him. Tears streamed down my eyes uncontrollably.

I took a deep breath.

"Vincent. I'm pregnant."

•••