letter one

dear number one,

i hate to call you a number, since i have so much raw emotion to say to you, but you're better off kept anonymous.

you were a friend to me, but i was an inconvenience to you. i kept you number one, yet I wasn't of any significance to you. why is that? what could i have done to make you see me? to make you care for me as i did, you?

you were in your own lane. you still are. you think of yourself as a monarch, a royal. in all honesty, you are a child. you are juvenile, not to mention rude and disrespectful, and act as though you are a sun among minute stars.

you're not.

this isn't real, it's an app. it's a place that crushes you mentally and ruins you. it isn't somewhere a child should be.

despite the fact you have caused me trouble after trouble, i care for you. please, take care of yourself. you're not in the right mental state to continue this facade, so take a step down from the podium. take a break.

i wish i could talk to you, face-to-face, but i cant. i know you. i know how you would react.

stop smearing this fake online persona all over yourself. it isn't right. wattpad does more harm than good, remember that.

i still love you (platonically) and i will continue to love you, because a part of you will always be with me—might it be my stand-offish behaviour or my attitude, so i will remember and thank you for teaching me not everyone on earth is an angel. thank you.

— marilou