Masky And Hoodie

Masky and Hoodie
---------
As you walked past a rusty,red door you heard hushed sobs and muffled chatter. Looking at the door you bit your lip. 'Is it really a good idea to go after noises. That's always how the people die in horror movies.' The sobs sounded child-like and being the good person you where you couldn't help but feel obliged to help. Opening the rusted door you peeked inside. You entered the dark building and closed the door behind you. Squinting, you tried to see where the noises came from but your vision was obscured by numerous waste barrels, planks and wiring. 'Must be under construction.'
"Hello?"

Complete silence. With a confused look you turned to leave. 'Must have just been the rain messing with my hearing.'
Just as your hand grasped at the door knob, you heard something heavy drop behind you. Shrieking slightly at the sudden noise you whip your head around and peer into the darkness. You heard shuffling and what seemed to be angry whispering coming from behind a wooden crate. You gingerly stepped forward. 'Please don't be a serial killer. Please don't be a serial killer.' You chanted over and over in your head as you looked over the crate. Your eyes widened slightly at what you found but soon relaxed. 'At least it's not a serial killer...'

What you saw was two young children-seemingly boys, you assumed by their short tattered hair and dirty clothes- clutching each other in the darkness. They where shivering and breathing heavily. 'They're probably sick from being out here. Poor things. Who could do this to them?'
Smiling down at them you spoke softly.
"I'm not going to hurt you. It's alright. Why don't you come out from there and we can go somewhere warm and I can get you both something to eat."
They stared at you- presumably, you couldn't quite tell with the masks coving the majority of there faces- for a while before looking at each other. Coming to a silent agreement they stood from there spots and gingerly walked towards you.

You heard shuffling then saw them appear from the gap between two crates. Smiling, you waved you hand signalling them to follow you and you began walking out of the building-holding the door open behind you for them.

They were cautious and walked slow, but you didn't mind.
'This is going to be a slow but interesting night.'

****Extended end****

"If she tries anything, I'm going to hit her.." The black ski masked one whispered to his companion.

You turned, hearing them whisper.
"You say something?"