The Tent Issue and Tom

Beca's POV

The first half hour of our group's week retreat would consist of all members walking around like headless chickens, trying desperately to find their bags and get back into our groups. Eventually all three groups had managed this task, however the amount of time taken was... embarrassing to say the least. The first, and arguably hardest, challenge of this week would not prove to be finding our own bags. Instead, it would be putting together our shelter for the duration of the trip. Yes, you read properly. Whoever was in charge of this operation, had left the 60 of us with nothing but 5 large (tepee like) tents. Allegedly an exercise to promote teamwork and bring our groups closer together as we work to get the tents up. Luckily, each tent would be able to fit 12 members in (with a squeeze), meaning no one would have to sleep with the bears... Or at least not on this trip anyway. The trebles had brought a perfect number of members, exactly 24. The Bella's had brought only 11 members along with them. However, the Footnotes consisted of 25 members, meaning the group had one member too many...And the Bella's has one available space in their tent.

"Beca volunteered!" Our groups bully (Tom) calls to our captain of the Footnotes, who was trying to fairly decide on which member to put forward. Tom was the "Cool Jock" of the accapella group, used as nothing but eye candy during our sets to "woo" the ladies within the audience. However, no one would tell him about that, and he was nowhere near intelligent enough to figure it out himself. Afterall, he is popular within the busy university and accapella nerds... well they aren't. Anyway...The point is Tom is bad news. He had always been a bit of a prick towards me, constantly picking at my hight as well as my "attention seeking, dodgy, Emo" lifestyle habits... Showing he had no clue of the meaning the word possesses.

My ears had pricked slightly as I pick up the use of my name. Immediately I retaliate with a brief "Dude! What the actual fuck" to show him I was not impressed with his little stunt. However, my effort was just met by a smug little grin on his end... A grin that I fully intended on whipping off his face one of these days.

"What? C'mon Mitch" Tom goes on to tease, the grin only becoming more prominent as he spoke. He had given me the nickname 'mitch' on the night of our initiation and only ever used it when teasing me, he knew how much I despised being associated to my father in anyway at all. "Take one for the team" he added with a wink, approaching me whilst acting all oblivious to the Tom induced anger slowly bubbling away in the pit of my stomach (anger threatening to spill out at him in any moments time).

I glance around at the others, noticing the 'drama circle' they had formed around the two of us... And my anger seemed to dissipate. As I figured this was a useless battle that I knew I surely wouldn't win, not against Tom at least. "Kiss my Ass, Asshole" I mutter, shoving his shoulder as I obnoxiously walk past him with a dirty look on my face "I'd say why don't you go and stay with the girls, but then again... I think I'd become concerned over their safety with you about" I continue on, ultimately deciding to retaliate despite the feeling in my gut (screaming and pleasing for me to remain quiet and obedient). "So yeah... Maybe I shou-" My sentence gets cut off by a brute moving forward in a lunge type manor, followed by the swift movements of our captain moving to get between us. Preventing the fight that was clearly brewing between the two of us, mere seconds away from having unfolded. (The Jock and The DJ, who would win?).

In the end...It had been me that had been sent to sleep with the enemy. The captain had described it as a move to "separate" Tom and I, so future disagreements could be avoided. To which I had let out an annoyed sigh and looked over at the group of girls. They had formed a circle, seemingly trying to figure out some plan of action. As the circle broke, I observed each of the girls go off and begin working on something... anything... to make it look as if they were busy. My eye had caught one girl in particular, a lankly brunette girl, who had managed to put two poles together... But had found out, if she sticks one end of the pole into the dirt ground, she could use it as a prop of some kind to aid in dancing. The action hadn't only caused a few of the Bella's to watch in disbelief but had also caused a few of the treble guys to watch with drool practically dripping out of their mouths, as the brunette seemed to be giving them their very own show.

"Oh my god... This is going to be a long week" I mumble under my breath as I swing my backpack over my shoulder with clear attitude, directed towards the Footnotes who had betrayed me. With my spare hand I take the suitcase and drag it along behind me, mentally regretting getting on that buss 5 hours ago as I carry myself over to where the Bella's had claimed territory.

A/N

Thanks again for making it this far :D Make sure to give this fanfic a star if you'd like to see more!!