The evolution mystery

Ash was very happy. He finally had an Axew! He just needed to find him a good nickname for his new friend. Ladon will love not being the youngest anymore. However, Ash was not the only one who was happy, now that they were back in the classroom, he could clearly see the giddy and happy faces of his classmates. Holding their Poke Balls and reading the info with their new Pokedex.

“Ash!” Ashley called out, standing in front of his desk with Laura. “Did you end up catching Axew?” She asked with a big smile, she seemed very pleased with her pokemon.

“I did! What about you? Did you both catch a Horsea?” Ash asked, his Sunflora smile never leaving his face.

“We did,” Laura replied. She was more collected than the other two, but you could still see her happiness. There was nothing like catching your first pokemon. “We were lucky, from all the Horsea’s ours were the only ones with an ability.”

“Really? What kind?” Ash asked, excitedly. As all his pokemon have abilities he sometimes forgets that it was not that common.

“Mine has Swift Swim and Laura’s has Sniper,” Ashley answered, matching his excitement.

“That is so cool!” Ash exclaimed- pokemon will never get old for him.

“What about yours?” Laura asked him, interested in knowing what kind of ability (if they had any) and move set the dragon pokemon had. 

“I… I don’t know,” Ash replied sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head as he chuckles. “I was so excited about finally having an Axew like Drayden-sensei that I completely forgot about checking it out.”

Even Ele sweatdropped at her human’s slip. But he looked so cute being all sheepish that Ash had many girls and boys alike sighing at the sight.

“Al-alta!” Ele nudged her human, pointing at his pokedex.

“You are right Ele, let’s do it right now,” and just like that, every student stopped talking to watch Ash.

Pokemon : Axew.

Gender : Male.

Ability : Mold Breaker. 

Type : Dragon.

Move set: Leer, Bite, Scary Face, False Swipe, and Slash.

The pokemon knows the eggs move Endeavor and Night Slash.

NOTE : The egg moves have yet to be unlocked.

“Mold Breaker? What kind of ability is that?” A boy asked.

“Your guess is as good as mine,” Ash answered, looking as confused as the rest of the class. But Ele looked quite interested in the Poke Ball in his hand. “But from Ele’s reaction, it seems to be an interesting ability.”

“It is,” Drayden-sensei replied, as he entered the classroom. Every student rapidly returned to their seats. “When a Pokémon with Mold Breaker uses a move, the effects of all ignorable Abilities are ignored while the move is used. One example would be if your Axew uses Earthquake against an opponent with Levitate it can still hit.” Everyone’s eyes opened wide in surprise. Ash especially, as his gaze returned to the Poke Ball in his hand. “Also, abilities that prevent status conditions, such as Immunity and Oblivious, will not protect the Pokémon from receiving the status condition. However, many of these Abilities also have effects to cure the Pokémon of the status condition if afflicted, which will activate immediately after being inflicted with the status condition, even if it was inflicted by a Pokémon with Mold Breaker. Like your Ele who possesses Natural Cure.”