𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀

•'¯'•. . .•'¯'•

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐅𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝗚𝗔𝗠𝗘
マフィアのゲーム

•'¯'•. . .•'¯'•

[MODERN AU | SETTING: NEW YORK ]
[ VIOLENCE / LANGUAGE / 18+ THEMES ]

.

[16 YEARS AGO]

.

AMBER eyes watched as guests swayed back and forth. It wasn't the most exciting the most children to sit and watch as the adults had fun, but small and young Zhongli- a child- yet the leader of the Morax Mafia- AKA: the MM, was absolutely fine with it.

He was an adolescent boy at age twelve and had a stoic expression that came close to that of a stone- serious, and maybe a bit boring. While most children played games and ran around outside, young Zhongli preferred reading and going over old documents. Mostly it was for personal pleasure, but being given so much responsible at a young age, it wasn't so surprising Zhongli learned to mature faster than he grew.

Especially ever since he came to New York City. Being barely a toddler when he was sent here, Zhongli was never sure of his point of life or even why he was sent to the City. Either way, he became adopted quickly; either you adjust to your surroundings or you die, was a wise way of seeing things that Zhongli learned.

"Master Zhongli," whispered a voice, and Zhongli looked over to see a familiar face hiding behind the ebony drapes.

"What are you doing over there, Kaeya?" Zhongli asked quietly, seeming slightly surprised as the other boy walked over sneakily towards him. "Did they allow you inside?"

Kaeya, a slightly younger boy, around age ten laughed a bit and shook his head. He leaned down, cupping Zhongli's ear.

"Actually.. I snuck in here. But you looked like you wanted company. Especially this being your birthday party and all." He confessed and Zhongli frowned.

"You're going to get in trouble.." Zhongli whispered back, but Kaeya didn't seem to care all too much at that. He knew deep down Zhongli must've been a bit bored up here on a chair overlooking the party, but not getting to participate in anything himself. Even if he sat up here like a king at his throne, he was also just as alone. Perhaps that was something that just came with Zhongli's responsiblity; his responsiblity was something he took seriously. Being now considered old enough to take over the MM entirely and to leas it, Zhongli didn't want to let anyone down.

He wanted to change things. Keep things peaceful in the city where gunfire seemed as common as the sun rising, or where hiring an assassin was easy enough to call from a phone book.

"I wouldn't be much of a personal body guard if I didn't stay by your side." Kaeya mentioned and Zhongli realized he couldn't argue. With his friend, it was pretty difficult to. After all, the only person his age, and who didn't act like Zhongli was a God unworthy of being spoken to, was Kaeya: the person who had been by Zhongli's side for a few years now, ever since Kaeya had wandered up in front of the HQ of the MM with nothing but the clothes on his back. Somehow he managed to convince tbe older members he was worthy of a chance and he was already skilled with a blade. And seeing as Kaeya had those talents, it was decided he'd be the one to train as Zhongli's personal guard. Though that idea was Zhongli's.