Ch. 3 | The Awaking

chapter three. THE AWAKING

"And now, for— Anita, what are you doing?" The host harshly spat at the worker, snatching hand away from the woman who seethes in anger at your sudden reveal.

This wasn't part of the plan!

"What am I doing? More of what are you doing, Gabriel?" Anita countered with much offence and anger. "This wasn't the deal!"

"Zee deal was to take care of ze thing." Gabriel scowled, remembering the bargain as if it was yesterday. "Nobody zaid about making her perform."

Anita never wanted to punch him so bad until now.

"She's not an 'it'!" By now she went all up in the host's face with visible anger in her eyes. Yet he never felt threatened, merely annoyed. Although, it made him anxious since the Royal family and some of France's ambassadors were whispering and glancing in their direction.

"You saw what it can do." Gabriel countered. "No human has ever done something like that." After that, he locked eyes with one of his guards and gestured to the crazed worker.

As the two guards lifted Anita off him (who relentlessly thrashed against them) Gabriel smirked smugly before turning back to his guests.

And they were still so shocked at the sight.

"My apologies for ze interruption," The host laughed halfheartedly, though none of them responded and only stared at him with shocked silence. "but for our next performance, we'll show you how our very own Weather Girl would change this beautiful, clear blue skies—" He raised his arms and gestured to the sky. "into a sinister storm."

"Really?!" Anna, forgetting about you, questions the smug host who dramatically nods. Elsa noticed this and has an uncomfortable look on her face.

Only her nose scrunched up when she felt something drip on her nose. On instinct, she looks up, the skies still as bright and it made her wonder how it was possible. But some loud clashing caught not only her attention and interest, so did the others as they averted their attention to the broken cage.

Workers immediately grabbed onto your chains, pulling you back only to rise up slightly from the small gust of wind beneath you in an attempt to escape. The skies finally got darker and darker with each passing second. With each, aggravating second. The hairs on your body stood up, heart racing with the muzzled locked onto your mouth to prevent any "accidents" happening.

"Rydych chi'n ddarn o cachu!" You growled at the smug host as they brought you near him.

While this was happening, everyone can feel the wind howling violently, growing colder and colder. And it wasn't because of Elsa. Her powers were related to ice— not the weather. So their only possible answer to the strange phenomenon was you—

And you were telling off the host once more.

"You— bastardiaid!" With you broken English, only a small amount of people could somewhat understand it. But it doesn't take a language expert to understand that your words were one of anger and distress— the adults thinking that you're shooting your mouth with a plethora of vulgar profanities.

"Gad fi fynd— Let. Me. GO—"

"Hey!" You chocked at the sudden pull on your neck, the harsh winds halting for one moment.

Just watching you thrash around the chains like an animal, Elsa's heart unknowingly clenched, making her gasp at the pain.

It hurts so much—

You shake your head, not even caring if anyone sees you cry as you went down on your knees and did what you always did: beg.

"PLEASE!" As you practically crawled to the host's feet, one of the workers tugged you back once more at the orders of Gabriel himself. You jerked back at their action, arms scraping the rough pavement as a result.

The stinging pain didn't bother you but the burning ones on your wrists and neck surely did.

Another piercing pain in her heart, calm breaths now hitching as her hands trembled.

"Hahaha! Look up into ze sky!" Gabriel laughed, pointed at the now dark and grey skies before subtly sending a signal. To a worker who saw it, harshly pulled your chains as if halting a horse back with its reins.

The last jerk really pushed your buttons.

With an angered snarl you roughly pulled the chains on your wrists, arms forcefully forming an 'X' and causing the ones holding it to bash their heads together. Gabriel was too focused on 'entertaining' his crowd that you slid your feet from left to right, the wind that came along with it knocking the other workers down.

Gabriel was one of the few that got knocked down from the sudden burst of wind. You paid him no mind and attempted to free yourself by using cold winds to freeze the chains, but that along with your hands froze and you tensed in your spot.

Those weren't from your powers.

You used any ounce of energy you have left and broke out of the block of ice. With a panicked heart, your eyes connected with alluring baby blue ones.

And for one moment, you felt as if you were in Valhalla.

You felt like your were standing in a flowery field with the warm breeze tickling your skin, making your hair dance in a rhythmic flow. Your heavy heart softened and your mind clearing up with any worry and concern. Only love, warmth and joy were the feelings you felt just looking at her.

Silky smooth blonde hair that was tied in a spiraling bun, rosy-red cheeks that flushed against your awed staring, plump pink lips that drew you in, and those striking baby blue eyes that captivated you more.

You weren't the only one that was checking the other out.

Elsa, too, took in your features. And despite the blood that smeared on your tear stained cheeks, she loved the way your h/c hair waved and curled down, how your lips glossed and weirdly tempted her. your s/c skin that shone despite the dark weather, making you glow brightly. But most importantly for her, how your shimmering e/c eyes replaced the sadness, anger and loathing with awe, fascination and admiration.  And Elsa dare say, love.

Both your hearts picked up, and both of you wondered why.

The only thing that snapped you back in reality was when the chains on your neck was tugged roughly, causing a growl to come out as you tugged it back with as much force as you could. But Gabriel had other plans and still reined you in like a thrashing, rabid animal.

You were almost convinced that you were. With the way they were treating you, it wouldn't be a surprise if you were. You snarled like a dog and shout profanities like a dog barking.

You shot him gusts and bursts of wind but it could only do so much. He was still firm in his spot, the weather slowly going back to its calmer state as dark spots filled your vision. You were starving and you practically have no energy left in you.

And with a final intake of breath, you fell forward as darkness looming over once more.