CH 35

You were well aware that going to campus meant gossiping. Eiko and Ayumi were with you during lunch break enjoying the food you had bought from the canteen. The girls asked if you and Ushijima were doing fine the first thing when you arrived which you assured them countless times since it helped. Truth to be told, they were on their toes since the morning knowing how you were. Though you seemed alright on the outside, you tend to stuff down and compile your anger before bursting into flame. You were a ticking bomb or a minefield. Even your family knew this and tried agitating you further. Sadly, Yuki was oblivious of it sometimes and becomes your target when you explode.

All you wanted to do was to enjoy lunch and savour the break before the next lecture. You tried shutting yourself from everything except Ayumi and Eiko who were trying their best to distract you. However, it was difficult to not hear gossips especially when your dating life was exposed to the public. You felt eyes on you and murmurs within the room. The buzzing of noises was like an annoying mosquito just outside your ear. Sadly, things do not always go as you wanted.

A group of girls notoriously known to start and spread rumours through gossip came and sat down at the table behind you. They started whispering to each other and some even mocked you when you were practically two feet away. Eiko noticed that your grip on the spoon tightened meaning that you were not having it the slightest.

"Argh, it's probably thanks to her uncle that she gets to date Waka-chan."
"Right? Talk about connections... That was a sly and low move."
"Psst, Hina hooked up with him!"
"What? Is that true, Hina?"
"Mhm, about the first month of summer."

Your eye twitched hearing that. Hooking up? Knowing Ushijima, you were sure that he was not one to have one night stands or to hook up. Hina continued and went on the start sexualizing Ushijima as if you were thin air. Ayumi glared at the girls who seemed to ignore her fired eyes. Who knows if what she said so far were lies. "I don't know what Waka-chan was thinking. Having someone like her when he could have done better." That was the last straw.

In a swift motion, you got up from your seat and stormed towards her. Hina was ready to retort at you but was shocked when you sat opposite of her. "So, I heard you talking about Wakatoshi. Heard you guys hooked up? How was the experience?" What? Eiko and Ayumi shared a look before scrambling to you in unison. "What? You're so disgusting for wanting to find out what we did!" Hina glared at you along with her friends. Putting on a thinking look, you shook your head in disagreement. "C'mon, share your experience with me." You insisted and watched her smirk. "Your boyfriend fucked me so hard and good. What? Has he not touched you?" She boasted. "Oh, is it now? Wow!" You faked a surprise reaction. Somehow, that made the atmosphere uncomfortable watching how abnormally interested and unfazed you were regarding Ushijima's alleged hookup with Hina.

It was when you whipped out your phone and tapped the screen a few times before placing it on the table. You were calling Ushijima on speaker mode which was a bold move. Even Ayumi and Eiko was taken aback by your action. After a few rings, the line got through. "Hi, love." "Hey, baby. I was thinking about spicing up our sex life and I thought you should start railing me hard." The group of stupid girls tightened their shoulders and held onto their breaths from your words as Hina's face formed a frown.

"Love, I appreciate that you want to improve our sex life but I would never do that knowing I might hurt you."
"Hm, understandable. Also, where were you during the start of summer? Did anything memorable happen?"
"I had an overseas match in Canada and I guess it was worth remembering to spend that time of year in another country."
"Okay! Thanks, baby. I'll see you later, okay? I love you."
"I love you too, my love. I'll be back before dinner."

Hanging up the call, the smile on your face after being on the phone with Ushijima instantly vanished. It was replaced with a deadpanned look and cold eyes emitting a dark uncomfortable aura. "You know, it's okay to gossip because you heard it from other people but if there's one thing worse than that, it would be lying to create drama." You stared straight into Hina's widened eyes. She knows she has been caught. "I don't understand how Waka-chan decided to date you!" She raised her voice in obvious panic, trying to come up with comebacks on the spot.

"You guys were saying how I must have gotten my uncle to link us up but my unapologetic ass will break it to you that I told my uncle to stay out of this. In fact, Wakatoshi was the one who asked me out. Damn, I don't even know why I'm explaining this much to you busybodies." You let out a short chuckle at how ridiculous this was. Eiko placed a hand on your shoulder to calm you down but you continued as when Hina was about to speak, you interrupted. "Bold of you to sexualize my boyfriend in front of me when nothing happened, you fucking bitch." The curses had lethal venom when you spat them out.

Getting off the bench, you slammed your hands on the table which startled the group and leaned in dangerously to Hina. "One more time I hear you talking about my boyfriend, it'll be more than just talking. Also," You paused and stared down at Hina who was quaking in fear from your scary angered self. "It's 'Ushijima-san' to you." Corrected her from addressing your boyfriend as 'Waka-chan'. With a final glare, you took your belongings and left a very stunned group. You were definitely not one to mess around with.