#1 - The Deal

"The King of Daegu demands your presence."

The King of Daegu demands my presence. Of course he does.

When has he not?

He's been 'demanding' the Queen's presence for weeks now, and so you would've thought he would take the hint. However considering his ignorant self he doesn't take no for an answer.

"He will not wait any longer. It's now or never." The Daegu guard's loud voice fills the room, aiming it at the woman sat at the throne.

Standing by her side, my fists clench slightly. I would really like to speak back, but I don't have the power to speak.

I should, but I don't.

That was the deal made when I was born; to revoke me of my royal status, to keep me safe. It was too risky to send me to the streets and so I was kept in the palace as a protector of the 'Queen'.

My parents also knew of the swap, the former King and Queen of Seoul. They are the ones who ordered it. However, they both have passed on now.

We didn't tell my younger sister, Ayeong, to also keep her safe. It's best she doesn't know because the more people know the more at danger we both become.

"Is there a particular reason as to why he longs for my presence?" The high voice of the Queen speaks, also known as Yoonhee.

Yoonhee is my protector, living under the fake identity of 'Queen Yoonhee'. To everyone in South Korea she is the one and only Queen of Seoul.

She is the only living person who knows who the real Queen is; who I really am.

"He wants the deal to go ahead, Queen Yoonhee. The deal to unite our people with his, as one." One of our guards speaks up in a softer voice on the side.

Well that's complete bullshit, I think to myself.

Never in a million years will the King of Daegu demand peace between his land and ours. He never has.

"We will not send her majesty to Daegu." I speak up, stepping forward with my hand laying on top of the handle of my sword strapped to my waist.

"The risk we are taking is too large. Anything that King plans never ends well; horror and ruin are what he thrives in. Settling a deal with him is like taking part in the murder of our people."

"I did not ask for your voice to be heard," the Daegu guard snaps at me. "The Queen's opinion is all that matters."

My head tilts in annoyance, the irony of his sentence making a chuckle seep it's way out of my lips.

"Do not silence my protector, my friend in such a manner." Yoonhee raises her tone as the 'Queen', glaring hard at the Daegu guard.

"Her opinion is just as valid as my own. And in this case, identical to my own. The Daegu King has done nothing but cause mayhem in Seoul every time we try and provoke peace. Hundreds of our people have died at his hands. You must be insane if you think we will agree to the deal."

"If you refuse, he will take matters into his own hands, your majesty." He answers back, resisting a little smirk. "And you know exactly how he likes to deal with things."

Taking a deep breath in, I glance at Yoonhee sat on the throne. She sits in silence, debating in her mind on what to do.

"How will he-"

"I will go to Daegu, in the Queen's place." I cut off Yoonhee's voice and step forwards. "Her life is much more valuable than mine hence why I will face him, and I alone."