8

Sana called up her mother, a day prior to leaving for Jaipur. The month of November, and it would be chilly out there. Not bone chilling, but yet windy and cooler at nights. And the perfect weather for wedding. So, when she called her mother, she was perked up, with the probable question and push to her for her own marriage. The indian family, that is. Nagging for marriage was a must at certain age, and she was no other, when she was proved correct.

"Maa I am leaving for Jaipur tomorrow. Ameesha is getting married and it will be a week stay", Sana asserted, the moment she heard the hello from the other side.

"Acha thik hai, dhyaan rkhna or pahuch kar phone krna", Maa instructed. Sana sighed contended at the missing of a certain sentence. But it was not late.

"Beta, ab tu bhi badi ho gayi hai, Ameesha bhi shaadi kar rhi hai"

"Maa wahi shaadi kar rhi hi, or koi nahi kar rha hai", Sana interjected, wanting her to stop right then and there. Marriage, she wasn't ready yet, and not when she had certain someone in her heart and mind, all the time. Any other man in her life, the thought only repulsed her.

"Arey beta, aise dheere dheere sab karenge, dekh ab usne ki, tu bhi soch beta...har cheez ki ek age hoti hai, usi age mein ho jaaye toh acha hai na"

"Maa, har insaan kya timeline ke hisab se chalega, a timeline set by the people out there, who don't even know you", Sana retorted. She hated such talks, the societal norms talks, where everyone keeps telling you, you should have been doing this and this is right and this is wrong.

"Beta, main bas bol rhi hun, soch is baare mein, aaj nahi toh kal karni hi hai na" Maa put across her words, more in a persuausion, wanting to see her daughter as a bride, something every mother dreams of.

"Thik hai Maa, kal subh I will leave and I will call you when I reach, bye Maa"

Hanging up, she closed her eyes, and his smiling face flashed, all of sudden so abrupt, and she smiled despite everything. A distance between them, but for her he was the closest to her. Anyways, I might meet him soon, she surmised, taking a nap.

"You ready", Sakshi barged in, yelling, all decked up and set with her luggage.

"Do I look like", Sana sneered, agitated. Her own clumsiness riling her up, anxiety kicking in, as the watch ticked, notifying her, being late. Sakshi sensed her movements and presumed the surfacing of her edginess and worriment.

"Oye, kya dundh rhi hai mujhe bol, main dundhti hun, you get ready"

"It's okay", her words curt.

"Bol na babe"

"chiii...yeh babe mat bola kar, replusive lgti hai tu mujhko", Sana scrunched her nose.

"Toh bhonk phir"

"I am not a dog", she scoffed.

"Whatever, bol"

"Mera, earring nahi mil rha hai ek", Sakshi literally hit her own head to the wall nearby, though lightly.

"Get ready, will you?", Sakshi pleaded, and turned to fish out the missing earring, amidst the scattered room. Sana hummed and left to change into some journey comfortable cloths.

"Thank God, we are on time, warna chut jaati train", Sakshi huffed, glancing on her phone checking the train route and its timing. Train journeys are one of the best journey, more fun if one had a company and even better if its the favorite of the lot. Sana, and even Sakshi have loved train journeys immensely, Being together for years now, they have been privileged enough to get the fun of this ride. With the sceneric views passing past, the chatter surrounding them, the incoherent talks, their silent whispers, talking about the people around, judging them, no not the mean judging, just the one where you point what they are doing, and that remains between the two of you, the gossiping with the cup of tea, that is not so tasty yet drinkable. All sums up to a fantastic journey.