Promises

Wooyoung and I graduated high school together. We applied to every college and university around the city. But you know what? I always wish to be admitted, and to study at my dream school, Seoul National University. Yet, if you will ask me at this present time if I would go to that school, I will decline.

I still clearly remember that day when we plan where to attend our college. The day that I should have said that I don't want to study at SNU.

"Yeosang, I got on the Sungkyunkwan University. I'm so excited. I want to dance with you right now. When will we be enrolling? Should we go today? Maybe we can have a little tour there. Let's go, Yeosangie, please."

"Wooyoung, I got something to say to you."

"What would you have to say that makes you anxious? It's okay, angel. I will listen to you no matter what."

"Wooyoungie, I got admitted to my dream school, SNU. I think I will not be able to go with you to Sungkyunkwan University."

"It's alright, angel. I know you have always dreamed of studying at that university. That's why tadaaaa, I also applied to that university. I got in, angel, we will be together till our hairs turn gray. You can never run away from me."

"Really, Youngie? But Sungkyunkwan University is your dream school. I don't wanna take that away to you."

"Yeosang, listen to me. If I succeed, I want to succeed with you; if I fail, I want to fail with you."

"Thank you, Youngie. Thank you, really."

That's when our friend Yeonjun came and teased the both of us of course.

"That's sweet of you, Youngie"

"Don't call me Youngie. Yeosang is the only one allowed to do that."

You said things that you should have not said, Wooyoung. We will be together until our hair turns grey? But where are you now? You want to succeed with me? Then why do you replace me?