[ If only I didn't say those words ] Lucifer

The Avatar of Pride, Lucifer, has no mercy for humans. He would slay them in one instant, not letting them say their last words. Why would he care about a human? When his sister's lover was the reason why she is dead. He would never love or like a human, never.

Now, why is he hesitating to kill the human in front of him?

"Kill me, Lucifer. Is this what you wanted, right?"

He widened his eyes after hearing those words coming out of the human's mouth.

She is an exchange student at RAD in Devildom. She lives with seven demons, and everyone thought, that she is going to die. They were wrong, yet she managed to make pacts with seven demons. She is intelligent and kind and helped the demons who were suffering.

All of them are thankful for her, including Lucifer.

"What are you waiting for, Lucifer?"

"[(Y/n)], calm down."

"I should be the one saying that to you. I mean, look at you, trembling and unable to hold the knife in your hands."

Yes, Lucifer is shaking, and he can't deny that. Lucifer's body felt hot, wanting to scream at the top of his lungs, but keeps it in. He bottled up his feelings, not knowing when he might break.

Lucifer is already breaking, his world falling apart again. He hated that feeling, for there was no hope for him.

If only he had not said those words to her,

"To be honest, you are a pain in the ass to deal with."

If he could think before what he said,

"You enjoy stirring up trouble that much?"

If only-

"YOU... a mere HUMAN?! YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT-"

At the moment, that flash of anger protected Lucifer from the pain. Were he to relive it, he would try to summon more strength. Lucifer failed himself, and [(Y/n)] too.

"You hated me that much, so kill me."

Indeed, Lucifer hated her, but that feeling was long gone.

"I am not special. I only cause trouble for you."

Wrong.

Lucifer thinks she is extra special, for she helped him and his brothers.

[(Y/n)] saved them, but-

No one saved her.

[(Y/n)] is suffering too, especially the words that Lucifer told her and the others. She wanted to die for so long, and now she thinks the time has finally come.

"Please, kill me."

"I do not want you to die."

The low, slightly graveled, as the voice of Lucifer, spoke. [(Y/n)] who laughed at what he said.

"Well, I want to die."

She walks towards him and grabs his wrist with a knife in his hand, "Please, please, please, Lucifer!" her yelling had shocked him, "Stab me- I want you to-"

"ENOUGH!"

Lucifer pulled his wrist from and threw the knife, "Let's- let's talk about this, okay? I- I am- am sorry, so please, [(Y/n)]." Lucifer started, his voice cutting in and out, her tears flowing as he saw her turn to him, his chest heaving.

"Lucifer..."

"Yes-"

Before he could finish his sentence, [(Y/n)] gets down and grabs the knife.

She immediately got up before Lucifer could stop her. [(Y/n)] pushed him, causing him to fall to the ground.

"I hope you what I felt when you shattered my soul. I had a lot of fun with you guys, thank you."

...

...

Screaming her name, breaking down, tears, and blood are everywhere on his clothes. "Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, please! Someone!"

His hands cupped her cheeks, holding her steady, forcing a smile on his face, "Dammit..." Lucifer curses out as he breaks down in tears.

If only-

If only he hadn't said those words.

Now he had lost someone special to him,

again.