The Past Returns

"Some things in my life never seem to change, hard work being on of them...getting ordered about, being another. And, as always, trouble seemed to follow me. I'd taken Mr Grace's book and now it was gone. I could think of only one person who'd want the book so badly, and i was in no hurry to meet her ever again."

Series 3, Episode 10"Don't want me getting in trouble Jack?"

"Don't want me getting in trouble Jack?"

Emma had been running around trying to find Miss Emily since lunch time, but she was nowhere to be found. Mrs Penhaligon was only getting more stressed and that meant you would have to be even more carful around her. She can snap easily when things don't go her way.

Suddenly, Emma collided with another body, "I am so sorry, I wasn't looking were i was going." She only hoped it wasn't Mrs Penhaligon.

"No, it was my fault, I was in a rush." The voice of Hetty Feather filled her ears.

"Your Hetty," the red haired girl gave a nod, "I'm Emma, I don't believe we have properly met." Emma said as she stuck her hand out to shake.

"It's lovely to meet you." Hetty said, taking her hand and shaking it.

"You don't know where Miss Emily is by any chance," Emma inquired, "Mrs Penhaligon is going round the bend looking for her."

Hetty hesitate before saying what she was about to next, but something told her she could trust Emma. "I think she's in trouble."

"How so?" Emma was now curious, this problem seemed to be more then what meets the eye.

"I was given this letter," Hetty says while handing Emma a folded piece of paper. "A horrible women, Matron, has Emily and she wants me to give her an important book in exchange for her." Hetty continues as Emma reads through the letter.

"What should we do?" Emma says, in shock by what is going on. Nothing like this has ever happened at Calendar Hall.

"Follow me." Hetty says as she heads off, Emma close behind. They soon arrived in a hall with stone flooring and ivy reaching up the walls. "Gid!" Hetty calls out, as the two girls approach him.

"Oh, not again," Jack mutters, Emma only just realising he is there, "Some of us have got work to do." He calls out to Hetty and Gideon. Hetty rolls her eyes at this.

"Miss Emily's got your uniform. Edwin knows where she sneaks off to. Everything's fine" Gideon states calmly.

"Everything is not fine. Matron has Emily, and she wants to swap her for the book. But you know what she's like, we can't trust her, we have to get Emily out of there." Hetty frantically says. Who ever this Matron person was, Emma did not like the sound of her.