Issue 2 - The New Boy in Town

"Let us discuss the plan once more, shall we?" Shigaraki grumbled, tapping his fingers against the bar, looking more pissed than ever. "While I do not care what happens to you if you fail, All For One believes this can work."

"I'm glad we're on the same page here, old Shig. The student of choice has already been... Taken care of, and just like the old man promised, I've got my prestigious invitation for UA high. A recommendation from only the finest pros out there. All For One sure has connections."

"You don't get to be number one without knowing people," Kurogiri adds, cleaning the last glass. "Are you sure you're up for this Y/N?"

Flipping the envelope around, I understand the concern. Believe me, I don't even think I'm suitable for the mission. "All For One chose me. He's done so much to help me. It's only fair I return the favour no matter what. With my new quirk, that shouldn't be a problem."

"How are you going to go about wooing the pros? Not slipping up with that many students is going to be hard." Toga playfully said, pointing her knife at me. "If the pros catch on at all, even for a moment, you're dead."

"No one ever said this was going to be easy." I nod in agreement moving away from the arcade machine. "I thought about taking on a larger than life personality to stray them away, but that would be too much. I'll go for something much tame. All I have to do is simply blend into the background yet perform highly to keep myself at the top. The problem comes with my quirk."

"The red strings could cause a problem," Kurogiri muttered, leaning forward. "One wrong move, and it could all come tumbling down."

"What is this red string Y/N possesses?" Dabi questioned, arms folded. "It's unlike anything I've ever seen."

"They have a mind of their own. My quirk doesn't respond well to commands. It simply looks to protect me best it can. I've gotten better keeping it under control, but..." Staring into the mirror, I saw my left eye reacting, glowing red, the iris formed together by string. "While I'm no All For One, the Red Stringed Butcher is quite well known around some parts of Shinjuku. I'm certain no one will recognise me, but these strings need to go, the old methods won't work. Toga."

"Yes?"

Turning to her, I put the envelope on the table beside me, clearing my throat. "I need you to stab me in this eye."

"What?!" Shigaraki yelled. "Have you lost your mind? Having one eye would draw massive attention."

"What would draw more attention, Shigaraki? A boy with one eye, or the Red Stringed Butcher? This is a clear showcase of who I am. Hiding it with sunglasses won't do. I need an excuse in why no one can see this eye." I bark, holding my arms out. "The strings will repair my eye worry not. This is all a part of the plan. An abused quirk user is saved from his drunken father with just one eye to show for it. He trains to keep others from that sort of situation by becoming a hero. Everyone loves a good sob story."

Toga walks over to me with a blank look, gripping her knife tightly. "Are you sure?"

"Nevermore."

Flipping her knife around, I had my eye wide open as Toga took the plunge. Heavy screams erupted from the bar as I smashed into the arcade machine, blood pouring all around. Taking heavy breaths, Toga stepped back, holding the blade up high, admiring the bloody carnage. Kurogiri quickly came to my aid, bandaging up my eye as I kept my breathing as calm as possible, stuttering on each word. "This is how far I'm willing to go to kill that bastard All Might. I won't back down. The number one hero is as good as dead."

****

"Hel- Hello everyone. It's nice to meet you. My name is Y/N L/N; I'm looking forwards to working with all of you very soon."