Short

The soft sheets of the girls' dorm in the Slytherin common room were a familiar comfort each morning. I raised my head from my pillow and stretched my arms into the sky. My third year at Hogwarts and I was still freezing everytime I woke up. Of course the winter season only made it worse. The bad thing about living underground is that the only windows look into the cold dark abyss of the Great Lake.

All the other beds were empty. Everyone else had gone home for the holidays. I could have gone but ever since coming to Hogwarts I hadn't wanted to leave, something about it sucked me in.

Footsteps echoed in the hall outside. Draco. He was the only other Slytherin to stay behind though it's difficult to believe his parents didn't want their precious angel back for Christmas. I got dressed in my green sweater and pulled on a pair of cuffed jeans. I put on half socks and opened the door, stepping into the slightly warmer common room. Draco, dressed in a black hoodie and house embroidered sweatpants, had draped himself across one of the velvet green couches, one arm behind his head as he read a magazine with Jessica Kennedy Parker in a bikini on the cover.

Wait a second... I raced over to him and ripped it out of his hand. "How did you find that?!"

Draco sat up. "You dropped it last night before you went to bed," he smirked, "She's attractive isn't she?"

Holding the paper behind me I rolled my eyes. "You should've just told me, I don't need you reading my stuff." I hoped my cheeks weren't as red as they felt. His face told me otherwise, blue eyes sparkling as if they held the laughter he was trying to suppress.

Still clenching the magazine, I sat down on the opposing couch. Being terrible at small talk I glanced down at my nails, painted black and a bit too long, as he stared at me. "You're fucking short, you know that?"

"If you tell me that one more time I swear-"

"What? You'll fight my kneecaps? Step on my toes?"

I glared at him. "One day a blade will fly through the air and decapitate you while I'll be down here living my best life."

"So you admit it?" Draco raised an eyebrow.

"I'm done."