Nineteen-Free to Go

Hope you had good holidays!
We're almost in the middle!
I'm getting so hyped!
Hope you are ready for the chapters to come XD

•     •     •     •     •

1 9 ~ free to go

     "All right. I think I have everything," I murmur, throwing in the last of my electronics into the suitcase. What I had wasn't much, but I had enough to make an empty how feel cozy. Laying a finger among my chin, I hum, "Mmm, I feel like I'm missing something.. but what?"

After a moment of pondering on the lost thought, I released the worry for it and shrug.

"Meh, I can just replace it." Whatever it is that I can't remember!

With a smile, I zip up my last suitcase and begin to haul it out through my empty and creaking house. As I pass by all the empty rooms, I realize I had been here for more than just a couple years. This is my first home, the first home I had all by myself and I earned. This made me feel accomplished even as I began to feel lost in this giant world. A sense of comfort and sadness exclude over my figure and I can only gaze back at the little cottage I decorated as my own. A deep swell in my heart touches my emotions fiercely, so much so, I began to tear up.

I stood there, in my driveway, with a big, heavy suitcase and tears welling up behind my eyes.

These memories you gave me, thank you. I'll forever remember this place. You gave me freedom, so thank you, I say a little gratitude prayer to the Moon Goddess and the nature surrounding the cottage.

I swallowed, looking back one last time, before setting off to the road to meet my mate at the pack house. There were papers that needed to be signed and not only did the Alphas have to sign them, but so did I. It was a chore, really. I wanted to set off on the road before noon, but at this rate, we probably won't be leaving until the early evening.

Sighing, I shut the car door and bring around the seat belt— because safety first. I drive slowly down my little dirt road, observing the last of the trees and sun rays leaking through them. It burdens my heart to pack up and move, but a new chapter in my life is unfolding and it's with someone I'd never thought to expect. My heart beats wildly at the thoughts of Ragnar, a creeping blush crossing my cheeks.

Suddenly, the familiar scenery didn't seem so bad to leave behind.

It was several minutes before I pull into a space near the grand pack house. I shut off the engine and grab my purse out of the vehicle. The car gives me an obnoxious triple beep as I lock it and walk up the cement steps. I was happy I wore some joggers and a flannel— the sun's hidden behind the dense trees and the wind's direction knows no bounds.

I shuffle through the door, being greeted by several of my fellow-soon-to-be-old pack members before heading up another flight of stairs to reach the Alpha's office. Thinking about the first time I walked through these doors, I remember being so wowed and in awe that I couldn't speak. Back then, I was a quiet little girl that refused to make friends with my fellow peers. I was scared. After years of processing and acceptance, I fulfilled the role of being a pack member.