The God of Fire for a 15th Birthday

Chapter One: The God of Fire for a 15th Birthday

The bright sunlight flashes Aiaj’s gloomy room. Velvet walls shine with antique sword ornaments he got as a gift from his uncle on his previous birthday. October thirteen, his fifteenth birthday has finally arrived. Yet he is still sleeping in his soft blood-red mattress over a well-furnished wooden bed. Muffled footsteps were heard outside the purple door which seemed to glow eerily. The person outside knocked twice, but it doesn’t seem to bother Aiaj and he continued sleeping with his pillow covering his head.

“Master?” the maidservant called. “Open the door, please?”

Aiaj ignored the call and began to doze off again. A few seconds later, a soft clanging of metal woke him up completely. Aiaj looked at the door and saw the doorknob dismantled on the floor. The door swung open and behind it is his sister-like maidservant, Ma’atylda Carmen. She scanned Aiaj’s room, looking for trash. Unfortunately for her, Aiaj’s room is the trash. Candy and chocolate wrappers scattered on the floor, butterfly knives, empty pistol magazines, scabbards, gun holsters, lead bullets, and many more assorted and deadly things.

“When will you ever learn to clean?” Ma’atylda face palmed. “I just fixed your room last night.”

Aiaj shrugged and covered his face entirely with pillow. He then heard the curtains being pulled open and felt Ma’atylda got on the bed. She took the pillow by force and with the blinding flash of morning light, Aiaj hissed in agony.

Ma’atylda has to give Aiaj a piggyback ride to the dining room for breakfast. She pulled out a chair and laid Aiaj on it. His reptilian-like yellow eyes followed Ma’atylda.

“Good morning, master.” Ma’atylda greeted.

Seriously?!~ ~ Aiaj whispered his thought.

Elyon then snapped his finger to draw the attention. His slick back velvet hair shine, he seems to be putting something in it. Gel, perhaps? It didn’t matter anyway; it fits accordingly to his everyday attire, a full army combat fatigue, without suspenders and buttons loose. He doesn’t wear combat boots inside the house, instead he wears nothing. Elyon’s quirky appearance somehow attracts many women, although he is already married.

“I invited all Crimsonqueens for your birthday.” Elyon smiled. “Happy birthday, son.”

Aiaj’s jaw dropped. He can’t imagine all of his cousins together for his fifteenth birthday, he knew to himself that they are not even close to being called friends. But what he wanted most was the annual souvenirs from his uncle, Lyonel. Lyonel is an archeologist in search for valuable treasures hidden across the eight wonders of Eighsia.

The noon passed by quickly as Aiaj play his handheld game with Ma’atylda. She didn’t mind the silence of her master. He is always been silent on his birthdays. Nobody ever knows why. But only one thing she knows: she was violently harassed by his possessed master three years ago on the same day. Ma’atylda can only assume that Aiaj remembers what happened vaguely and regrets letting his own self getting controlled by an unknown force. Until then, he never spoke a single word to Ma’atylda on his birthdays and even tries to avoid her.

When the clock strikes 5 o’clock in the afternoon, numerous Rollis Royce-like cars zoomed into view by the enormous windows of their living room. One of the cars even strangely resembled Batman’s from the exported movie from Threesia which Aiaj received as a gift last year. Martha, Ma’atylda’s mother, also a maidservant of the Crimsonqueen household, hurried to the door and opened it for the visitors. One by one, their relatives from all over Sandaime entered. But only one he knew, Leviathan. It’s not hard to spot him, since his skin is metallic gray and his hair streams up to his waist. With his light-purple cloak and adding the horn that protrudes from his head, and the sinister aura that surges on him, he is very easy to spot.

“Wassup?” Leviathan smiled. “Oh, I forgot. No talks.”

All of them were led to the back of the house which is an enormous garden with assorted kinds of flowers, herbs, trees, and anything green. The gardener keeps tending all the plants even though their true owner passed away, Mirage Crimsonqueen.

Two hours were spent by Elyon by talking to his brothers and other relatives. Leviathan keeps on talking to Aiaj about the loose Thresian mythological creatures that they neutralized around Eighsia. Leviathan is a traveler working for Interplanetary Traveling Corporation and head of Supernatural Disturbances Team. Ma’atylda nods with excitement while Aiaj yawns with boredom.

“Come on, master.” Ma’atylda squeezed his left wrist. “Whatever happened, forget it.”

“May I have your attention?!” Elyon yelled. “I invited you all not just for my son’s birthday.”

Just as I thought~~  Aiaj muttered. Another game~~

Elyon gestured Aiaj to come forth by his side. The other relatives muttered, “I heard sir Elyon will transfer Ookami to his son right on this moment.”. This is it~~!, the voice rang inside Aiaj’s head, The power of the fire god!~~

Aiaj walked towards Elyon and his cousins backed away.

“I shall now begin the transferring.” Elyon grinned.

He muttered incantations that only a chamber knew. Flames then erupt from the palm of his right hand as he raised it into Aiaj’s chest. The crowd gasps as they witness the flames of Ookami being held by their clan leader. The dense ball of fire burst from Elyon’s hand to Aiaj’s chest. A beam of light blazed from Elyon’s palm and knocked Aiaj off. A spectral flame flowed out of Aiaj’s right eye and streamed through his arm. The spectators gasped as they witness the velvet flames of the fire god, Ookami himself. Aiaj wailed and thrashed, Elyon on the other hand seemed annoyed and face palmed.

“Stop it.” Elyon said. “You’re not burning.”

Aiaj stopped moving and stared at Elyon then stood up. He made a soft chuckle and gasped when he saw his right arm which is now covered with jet-black scales and ancient markings which glows a faint of blue.

Someone clapped from behind mockingly.

“Bravo, bravo.” Lyonel said. “It made the killing easier. Eh, brother?”

“Who are you?” Elyon bellowed. “State your name, monster!”

“Ouch.” Lyonel’s face turned gloomy. “You forgot about me and called me a monster?”

Aiaj rolled his eyes toward Leviathan who was gritting his teeth and somehow growling. He then reached for something, an imaginary object, perhaps? Then a bizarre light emitted in a shape of a rod on Aiaj’s right hand and dissipated to reveal a jeweled glaive, Tsukuyomi. One of the divine instrument only Shiranui, the Divine Light can wield.