Chapter 30

It has been 2 years now since Louis had started working for the Styles Enterprise.

Everything was perfect, how it was supposed to be. The nightmares almost never occurred now, for which Louis was grateful for. Harry and Ethan had reconnected and Ethan and his girlfriend would come over often to hang out with them. To Louis, Ethan had become like an older brother and his girlfriend, Hannah, was a really sweet person.

Niall and Liam had moved in together and Zayn and Gigi had broken up. It took a while for Zayn to get over her, but he was better than ever now. All of them, Harry, Louis, Liam, Niall and Zayn hung out almost every weekend. Ethan and Hannah would join them too sometimes.

His and Harry's relationship was doing great. They bought a place together near Niall and Liam's. Zayn's was also close by and they couldn't have asked for anything different. Not to mention, but the sex was amazing. Harry just knew what made Louis feel good like he was heaven and the man never missed a spot.

Louis was particularly nervous today. Harry's family was coming over to spend the day and his nerves were kicking in. 

Don't get him wrong, he has met Harry's family before and he thinks they are the sweetest, most lovely people he's ever met. Gemma, Harry's older sister is so fun to hang out with and his mum, Anne is the most loving person he knows. He has never met Harry's dad though and he's a little nervous because it's going to be his first time meeting Des.y

"Hey it's going to be okay. They love you!" Harry reassures Louis when he sees him fidgeting on his seat.

"What if he doesn't like me? Or what if I do something embarrassing or what if I'm clumsy and drop something on someone's head!?"

"Babe relax, I'm sure that's not going to be the case. I think my mum and Gemma like you more than me and the same is gonna go with my dad probably. You're going to be fine. I love you." He says kissing Louis' temple.

They hear the doorbell ring and Louis' probably going to throw up from how nervous he is. Hell, he shouldn't be this nervous. He's met them before, just not Des.
He hears the door open and voices coming from the hall. Keeping his nervousness aside, he makes way to where the sounds are coming from.

"Ohh Louis!" He hears Gemma say, who gives him a tight squeeze which relaxes him a little and hugs her back.

"Gemma." Anne chuckles.

Gemma brakes the hug so that Anne can greet Louis.

"Anne, how are you?" Louis asks hugging Harry's mum.

"I'm great! How are you and Harry doing?"

"We're doing great! Your son is amazing." Louis says looking at a smirking Harry with a light blush.

"That's good to hear." Anne chuckles.

Louis then greets Harry's dad, who looks like he can kill Louis with just his hand, "It's so nice to finally meet you Mr Styles." Louis greets Des.

"Come here son." Des says bringing Louis into a hug which hugely calms him down.

"And call me Des." He tells Louis with a smile.

They chat a little in the hallway and Harry's relieved that Louis and his father got along pretty well. They then make their way to the living room and settle on the couch.

"So Louis do you have any siblings?" Des asks casually mid conversation.

"Yeah, six actually." Louis tells him.

"Wow, that must be really cool. Do they live with your parents or are they all living separately?"

"Oh they live with my stepdad."

"What about your mother?" Louis hadn't open up much about his family to Harry because he had nothing to talk about them. His mum had passed away, his dad had left them when he was just a kid and he and his stepdad didn't have the greatest relationship. Of course, he's still in contact with his siblings, but things aren't how they supposed to be after his mum.

"What about your mother?" Des asked.

"She passed away from leukemia a few years ago." Louis said in a low voice, not really wanting to say it. He missed his mum immensely and Anne would remind him of her.

Harry sensing his boyfriend's discomfort, changed the topic, "Is anyone eles hungry? It's time for dinner guys!"

"Thank god. I was just about to ask, I'm starving." Gemma chimed in.

"I'll help serve dinner." Louis got up and went to the kitchen, Harry behind him.

"Lou.." Harry started.

"Please Haz, I really don't wanna talk about it."

"Hey it's okay. I was wondering if you needed some help."

"I sure can use some." Louis nodded. Harry gave him a little kiss before setting up the plates and everything.

Once done, thay all sit at the dinner table.

"So, Gems, how have you been?" Louis asks Gemma when they're all sat at the dining table.

"Good. But I have a shit load amount of work that do." Gemma tells him.

"Language." Anne scolds her.

"Mom! I'm not five." Gemma argues with her mother.

"That doesn't mean you can speak such language around your parents." They all laugh along.

A few minutes later, the laughter dies down a bit and they get back to talking as usual. However, Louis is spaced out most of the conversation. His mother's mention must have triggered him, he thinks.

After Harry's parents and sister are gone, they clean up and go to bed, not a single word exchanged between the two.

Once in bed, Louis decides to finally tell Harry. He sighs loudly to get Harry's attention, "Harry?"

"Yeah?" Harry looked at him and before Louis could speak what was on his mind, he began, "Lou I'm sorry if my dad triggered you. I know you don't like to talk about your family and that's why I never asked you."

"What?" Louis was actually speechless.

"Harry no it's not that I don't like to talk about them. It's just that after my mum, it hasn't been the same. My dad left us when I was just a kid and my stepdad won't let me see my siblings."

"I'm sorry about that." Harry tells Louis hugging him. "But why won't your stepdad let you see your siblings!?" Harry asked him.

"He thinks I'm the reason my mum got sick which I actually believed for a while when in reality there's nothing I could've done to prevent what happened to her. I do talk to them sometimes, yeah."

"He sounds like a dick."

"Trust me he is." Louis chuckles.

"Come here." Harry extends his arms and Louis crawls right in them. He kisses the top of Louis' head, "I love you." He spins Louis around so that now Louis is straddling his lap, "Know that I'll always be there for you and I'm never gonna leave your side. You're kinda stuck with me for life." Harry boops his nose with Louis'.

"And I wouldn't change it for the world you idiot. I love you." Louis tells him, kissing him lovingly.

"How did I get so lucky." Harry says kissing his forehead.

Louis rests his head on Harry's chest, listening to his heart beating. Harry's rests his head on top of Louis' rubbing small, soothing circles on his back.

That's when they both knew that they truly are gone for each other when home became where the other was and not a place. Like they say, 'Home is where the heart is'.

The end.

******
Chapter 30!
Thoughts? :)

Omg I can't believe this is the final chapter. Still feels like I started writing this book yesterday. It feels unreal! Thankyou so much for all the love and comments! <3

Have a great day/night! 💞

Stay hydrated and take care of yourselves luvs.

Love you! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️