11

matteo

I watch as Valentina happily greets Cairo and my brother, smiling wildly and wrapping her arms around them.

Their friendship has grown over the few days, at times when I've been stuck in my office working they've come over to hang out.

I've made a pretty big effort this past week to be around her more. Ever since that night in the games room where we both fell asleep after God knows many hours of talking, we've kind of formed friendship and she's not that bad to be around I guess.

She blurts a lot of random stuff, as if she's having conversations with herself in her head and says odd parts of it out loud, leaving me confused. She has the worst memory and the shortest attention span. Her hair is constantly back in plaits and she touches her nose when she's nervous or uncomfortable.

My favourite pass time is getting on her nerves. It's quite easy to do and very amusing, the only downside is that she might actually punch me one day but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

She's just so cute when she's angry, a little scary but cute.

Together we all walk down to the games room. Valentina and I sit on one side of the sunken seating,  while my brother and Cairo sit the other.

"We're doing teams tonight." Cairo announces, whipping out a monopoly from out of nowhere.

"You two against us two." My brother points between me and Purple before him and Cairo. I glare at him when I see a mischievous look in his eyes.

What is he up to now?

Moving her body closer to mine, Valentina looks at the cards in my hand, now practically leaning on my chest.

After winning two games of monopoly and losing one, we've moved onto playing cards.

More specifically- rummy.

Snatching the cards out of my hands she slams them down onto the coffee table. "Ha, we win." Cairo and Enrico do not look amused at this announcement, each of them swearing in Italian and throwing the cards down onto the table. 

Who knew she was so competitive?

Leaning back, she smiles up at me with the cutest smile ever and I don't even notice that I'm smiling back until my cheeks start to hurt.

What is she doing to me?

"I'm going to get a drink, want anything?" I lower my head to mutter in her ear since the two idiots opposite are cursing each other out, trying to force the blame of them loosing a lot tonight on the other.

"Can you get me a diet coke please?" She whispers in return and I nod, tapping her thigh as I stand.

I take a deep breath as I pour myself some whiskey and grab her drink from the fridge. I desperately needed this break tonight but having her pressed up against me like that is not helping me keep innocent thoughts.

She's just a friend though- barely that so I brush it off, she's attractive and there's nothing wrong with acknowledging it.

Nothing more.

Returning, I place our drinks on the table before settling back into the same spot.

"Thanks." She mumbles from beside me, lifting the drink up to her soft lips and taking a sip. My eyes linger on her face for a second too long and a cough from across the couch pulls me away.

Enrico raises a brow at me and Cairo smirks.

Assholes.       

"Can we watch a movie?" One of them asks and nobody protests so someone gets the remote, putting on a random action film and I pick up my whiskey.

Feeling Valentina shiver from beside me, I look over at her.

Glancing down at her body, I silently question if she wants to sit closer. She shuffles over to me, her body rigid for a second or two before she relaxes into me and her head drops down onto my chest.

Throughout the course of the movie, my arm drops from it's position on top of the couch to be being wrapped around her shoulder. She welcomes this as she cuddles deeper into my chest, sighing contently.

After a while her breathing evens out and she falls asleep in my arms, somehow drifting off even with the loud fighting and crashes coming from the flat screen.

Looking down at the girl sleeping peacefully on my chest, I contemplate staying here for the rest of the night so that I don't have to wake her.

"Hey." I whisper gently, lifting my hand to stroke her hair.

"Valentina." I try again but I can tell that she's not gonna wake up anytime soon.

Making eye contact with the two fuckheads in front of me, I nod my head towards the sleeping girl. They aw at her and send me a knowing look.

Cairo makes a carrying motion with his arms and I roll my eyes.

Angling my head to peer at her once more, I attempt one last time to wake her up but it's hopeless.

I slide my hand under her legs and wrap an arm around her back. Standing up with her cradled in my arms, I walk up the various sets of stairs up to her room, doing so pretty slowly as not to wake her.

Placing her down in her bed and lifting the covers, I make sure that she's comfortable before closing the door most of the way and walking across to my room. 

I strip out of my sweats, leaving me in my boxers and then brush my teeth and hop into bed, falling asleep thinking about the tired girl across the hallway.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

a/n

all the couples on tik tok making me feel extra single right now and i don't like it.

there's like no cute boys at my school either so i wanna know where all of you are finding these boys

stay safe and drink a shit tone of water loves

<3