Chapter 5

Thank you all for waiting. I know I left yall hangin AND you had to wait. Please keep reading. Vote and comment thanks. Read the end note.
Excuse the mistakes

I blink my eyes and I see bright lights. I squint because of the sudden un darkness. I turn my head to see Grant with his head laying on the bed while sitting in a chair. I force my aching arm up to slowly caress his face. He instantly Wakes up

"Madison, im so glad your awake, I thought I lost you" he said and starts to play with my brown locks.

"what happened?" I ask unsure of how or why I was in the hospital

"im not sure, but I'll go get the doctor" then he gets up and walks out but not before kissing my forehead gently. He comes back with an older looking man wearing a white coat, the doctor.

Well I'm Dr. McClellan ,how are you feeling?"

"fine, I,guess, just a little sore all over"I say in a raspy voice, he nods

"it seems while you were...gone, the men you took you..hurt..you in so many ways that your wolf and body couldn't take the beating. She obviously tried to stay with you bit unfortunately she was in the back of you're mind and consumed all the beating you took" Grant growls and I grab his hands and squeeze it gently.

"when she tried to come in contact with you she unleashed the pain and you almost...died completely from it" I almost died

"died?" I question confused

"yes, we revived you in time to allow your heart to keep going" he says and looks at his clipboard.

"it also so happens that you were injected with some type of syrum. It took over your body, that's probably why you lost you're senses shortly after you felt the pain" okay?

"so what does all this mean?" Grant ask looking at me.

"it means Alpha that she will not be able to shift without unbearable pain for quite some time"

"how long" I ask and frown

"probably months. There's no way to tell but I recommend you don't shift or even try to contact you're wolf for.... About.... a... Year, yes that's longs but the pain WILL kill you this time, you won't be so lucky." He bows and exits the room. I close my eyes as I feel the tears well up.

"it will be alright, you will get better,I know it"Grant whispers in my ear as he embraces me in a hug. I let all the tears go not carrying about looking weak. Yea its just a couple months but I can't shift. What if I get challenged. I could get kidnapped again. I mean a whole lot of things could happen. I just feel weak. I feel him pull back and his arms snake around my body. He picks me up and I feel him carry me away from the room. He opens doors and eventually I feel the confort of a bed under me. He covers us up and wraps his arms around me. He constantly kisses my head and whispers sweet nothings. That night I fell asleep with my mind full of questions in the arms of my mate
-
Grant pov

Why does all things bad happen to me? I mean my mate was kidnapped and now she cant shift for a year! Im worried shell get challenged. Over the years girls have tried their best to get me. And now i guess they think they have a chance but i dont want anyone else, i just want Madison.

Im laying in bed with my mate. her face is stained with tears. Tears that could have been prevented if only i saved her sooner. Or i never let them take her. But it wont happen again.

I gently kiss her forehead. And bring her closer to me. her eyes open and i cant help but get lost in them. i blink and look at her lips. I lean in and she meets me half way. Her soft full lips move in sync with mine as i hover above her never breaking the kiss. I pull back, not wanting to push her past her comfort zone.