Part Six: Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement And Logistics Division

"'Classified' you said, there's a big fucking logo sprayed to the wall," you said. Gesturing over your shoulder, to said gold ten-pointed star, with a bird in the middle, along with a shield resembling the American flag.

"I don't know," Pepper told Rhodey over the phone as you made your way through the parking garage, heading for Pepper's car, "He's not answering his phone. Please go over there and make sure everything's okay. Thank you, Rhodey." She then looked towards Agent Phil Coulson. "I know a shortcut."

"Will the rest of the man in black be following us?" you asked from the back seat of the car.

"They will be."

"Good. I think we might need them."

"Are you armed?" Coulson asked as he moved around in the passenger seat, Pepper already speeding off towards Stark Industries.

"What? No. I don't carry unless I have to."

A black pistol was handed over his shoulder, between the seats, "Here."

"Oh my, God!" Pepper yelped.

All the while, you swiftly took the gun, checking it over and counting the rounds.

"You really think we'll be needing to shoot?"

"Best to be prepared.

It didn't take long to reach the building.

Not even ten minutes.

A whole lot of traffic offences, though.

You hastily pushed the seat forward and jumped out. Following Pepper and Coulson. Past the giant arc reactor.

"You know, for a secret organisation, you sure do have shitty looking cars."

"They're unmarked cars," Coulson informed, "They're not supposed to draw attention."

"Touche."

"Section 16. Section 16," the blonde repeated, looking for the area, "There it is."

You were led towards a brightly painted yellow door, waiting for Pepper to use her pass to open it.

But along with the beeps of the scanner did not come an opening door.

She had been locked out.

Pepper turned, shrugging her arms, "My key's not working. It's not opening the door."

Coulson opened his hand out by his side, and an Agent moved to place a dark circular object into it.

"Oh, wow!" she breathed, voice tinged with curious excitement, "What's that? It's, like a little device? It's like a thing that's going to pick the lock?"

The Agent stuck the device onto the lock part of the door, pressing a button with his thumb.

"Uh, I don't think that's going to pick the lock." As it beeped and flashed red.

"You might want to take a few steps back," he told the woman who was hanging over his shoulder, curiously watching what he was doing.

You and Pepper moved away, the woman jogging as fast as she could, to be behind the Agents.

"Why are you all standing with your back to it?" you asked, noticing you were the only one facing the bomb, head-on, "Something could come through the door as soon as it opens."

Agent Coulson looked at you then, eyebrows ticking down softly as he evaluated you.

Then the bomb went off.