Chapter 3: Hit and Miss

It was late at night, the stars twinkling overhead, as the Stork knocked it's beak against the door

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

It was late at night, the stars twinkling overhead, as the Stork knocked it's beak against the door. The light behind the door clicked on, and the Stork took a step back to fly away, his job finally done. However, before he could leave, the door had already opened.

A man and woman stood side by side, staring down at the children before them. Their heads poked out of the burlap sacks they'd been carried in, confused little faces beaming in the warm homely light.

"Excuse me, but... who are these babies?" the woman asked. "We're not expecting any babies!" She stared wide-eyed at the giant Stork that had delivered them, speechless and terrified.

The couple was surprised and confused by the unexpected delivery. It seems the Stork has delivered the babies to the wrong house!

"Hey wait I recognize that hat," the man said, kneeling down beside the children. "You're looking for a man named Mario, yeah? Well you came to the right place, just a little late. He moved to Paris not too long ago. My name's Luca. Mario left his house to us when he left."

"Why are you talking to it?" the woman hissed. "Call animal control!"

Luca laughed, patting the Stork's head.

Right place, the Stork thought. Wrong time...

"Do you need help finding him?" Luca asked. "I'll find you a map."

Luca went back inside the house and rifled through some kitchen drawers. He found a map of Italy, but nothing that would show where Mario was. He settled for grabbing a pen and paper and drawing a map himself. It was crude but it would have to do.

He returned to the Stork and handed him the map. A note at the bottom included the actual address. "Hopefully this'll help," Luca said. "Good luck."

The Stork picked the children back up, and kicked off, hoping to finally deliver these children to the right parents.

"Storks don't actually deliver children," the woman said. "Right?"

"Nope," Luca nodded, watching the Stork fly off to deliver children. "But I was in a circus with a talking Gorilla, and a ringleader who fought a corrupt bank man who was blackmailing the entire country. Everything makes sense after that."

He shut the door.

___

The Stork flew the night sky once again, rushing in search of the true home of the twins.

But then... The Stork heard shouting behind him. He risked looking back, and saw Kamek flying towards him, four flying Koopa troops beside him. Kamek was back to steal the babies once again!

They crashed into the Stork, swiftly nabbing the brothers from the frantic bird.

However, as luck would have it, same as before Mario had fallen from Kamek's grasp, tumbling down towards the big blue sea a second time.

But of course, he never made it that far.

Hidden in the clouds below them, was an island. Egg island, to be precise. This floating paradise was once a peaceful second home to the Yoshi clan. But in the Koopa's ongoing attempts to capture the infant Mario Brothers, they had captured the floating island a long time ago. They hid in secret, but their presence was strong. The Yoshi's couldn't find the Koopa's secret hideaway, and now they live there in fear of the evil power terrorizing their once peaceful home.

___

Baby Mario, young as he was, had learned a little from his previous adventure. Something had changed in him. It was like waking up for the first time. He used the sack he'd been held in as a parachute, and floated safely down to the island below.

The Yoshi clan there saw them, and investigated the tiny creature as he landed safely in their forest. Unharmed, Baby Mario looked up at the Yoshies as they surrounded him. Confused, the Yoshies could smell their own kind on him, and having already been rescued by Yoshies before, Baby Mario was unafraid of the colorful dinosaurs.

So without skipping a beat, Baby Mario began crawling with determination. Perhaps being around magical creatures had rubbed off on him, because for some inexplicable reason he felt he could sense where he lost brother had been taken.

Before he could get far, the Yoshies agreed the island was currently too dangerous for him, stopping Baby Mario. They decided they would have to go with him, to return him to wherever he came from.

This clan of Yoshies had grown to be more cautious than the first, so they set out quietly.

And thus began the second of Baby Mario's adventure through the Yoshi's Island.

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3: Hit and Miss

Hey look! Returning characters! Didn't expect to see Luca again did ya?

Guess what that means for the Mario Bros. story at large--

Yup. Actions have consequences, and everything matters.

These aren't individual installments. It's all one continuous story with interweaving arcs and returning characters and grand scale world building.

Staring Yoshi.

You're welcome.

Thank the medical drugs.